looking for info & or value on these 2 guns

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by DaBox79, Jan 17, 2011.

1. DaBox79

DaBox79 New Member

Does anyone know anything about these two guns? the rifle is a markwell arms 24 cal. the pistol has some markings that I am not familiar with

E
    L G
    * <- (actually a star)
    any help would be great.

Attached Files:

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

The blunderbuss is likely a moden reproduction- what markings on on the gun? .24 cal is a VERY small and unusual size. The ELG markings are the markings used by the proof house in Liege Belgium.

3. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

More likely 24 gauge.

4. DaBox79

DaBox79 New Member

the gun says CAL. 24. maybe that doesnt mean it is a 24 caliber? that was the only marking for what it shots.

5. orangello

orangello New Member

That blunderbus is very nice-looking.

6. c3shooter

OK- how big is the hole in the barrel of the blunderbus? .24 Cal would be 24/100ths of an inch- about the diameter of a standard #2 lead pencil. 24 GAUGE would be more than a half inch- .588.

7. DaBox79

DaBox79 New Member

bluderbus

The hole is about 5/8 of an inch. And I heard it might have been a kit. Dont know for sure as I inhereted it from my grandfather. Is there any way to tell?

8. c3shooter

Markwell was the importer of reproduction muzzleloaders, made in Spain, Back in the 60's, there were a lot of these brought in as kits. Yours appears to have been very well assembled/ completed. These were not high dollar items, and quality varied quite a bit.