Firearms Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of getting a Fobus for my full size 1911. Anybody have an experiance with fobus and 1911?

·
Registered
6,412 Posts
Ive had a fobus for my G31 for about 8 years, its always served its purpose. Have you messed with the Blackhawk Serpa any? I tend to lean toward them more, i like the retention better.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
MrWray said:
Ive had a fobus for my G31 for about 8 years, its always served its purpose. Have you messed with the Blackhawk Serpa any? I tend to lean toward them more, i like the retention better.
I agree, the blackhawk has better retention. Its mechanical, you have to push the button to withdraw. I had a fobus but my blackhawk is far more comfortable, for me anyways. I got my blackhawk serpa 2 for 29.99 at bass pro shops.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Heres my Rock Island 1911A1 and my Blackhawk holster.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,412 Posts
dragunovsks said:
I agree, the blackhawk has better retention. Its mechanical, you have to push the button to withdraw. I had a fobus but my blackhawk is far more comfortable, for me anyways. I got my blackhawk serpa 2 for 29.99 at bass pro shops.
I had the blackhawk level 3 serpa duty holster, i LOVED that holster. I wasnt very worried about someone grabbing my sidearm with any success. Even though it was level 3 i could draw it in less time than most people with a single retention holster. Ive actually had a couple of guys grab my sidearm before, they had a bad day and didnt look very pretty for their book-in picture.

·
Premium Member
11,374 Posts
I would take a Fubus over a Serpa in a second. IMHO the Serpa is a ND waiting for a place to happen.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I have a Fobus for my P89. Basically the same size as my 1911, but heavier. It is a decent holster, good enough, but not great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts