Looking for info on a Fobus for a full size 1911

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by porkchops, Jul 2, 2012.

1. porkchops

porkchops New Member

I am thinking of getting a Fobus for my full size 1911. Anybody have an experiance with fobus and 1911?

2. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Ive had a fobus for my G31 for about 8 years, its always served its purpose. Have you messed with the Blackhawk Serpa any? I tend to lean toward them more, i like the retention better.

3. porkchops

porkchops New Member

I have not tried the Serpa but have heard good things. Thanks for the tip

4. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

I agree, the blackhawk has better retention. Its mechanical, you have to push the button to withdraw. I had a fobus but my blackhawk is far more comfortable, for me anyways. I got my blackhawk serpa 2 for 29.99 at bass pro shops.

5. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

Heres my Rock Island 1911A1 and my Blackhawk holster.

Attached Files:

6. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I had the blackhawk level 3 serpa duty holster, i LOVED that holster. I wasnt very worried about someone grabbing my sidearm with any success. Even though it was level 3 i could draw it in less time than most people with a single retention holster. Ive actually had a couple of guys grab my sidearm before, they had a bad day and didnt look very pretty for their book-in picture.

7. porkchops

porkchops New Member

I looked up the blackhawk level 3 serpa duty holster and found them on sale 87.00 originally 124.00! Dam, they must be great holsters

Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
  8. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I would take a Fubus over a Serpa in a second. IMHO the Serpa is a ND waiting for a place to happen.

9. fireguy

fireguy New Member

I have a Fobus for my P89. Basically the same size as my 1911, but heavier. It is a decent holster, good enough, but not great.