looking for ideas

Discussion in 'Competition Shooting' started by 1stmini, Feb 19, 2014.

1. 1stmini

1stmini New Member

looking for ideas for a pin gun in a carbine , I have a GSG 5 that is a ball to shoot but can not get it to quit having failures in either loading or firing , don't want to brake the bank and want to stay with a 22lr , thinking about either a tactical 10 22 or a H&K MP5 , any ideas or feed back would be great

2. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

I don't know what pins you plan on shooting with a .22lr (bobby pins?).

Regulation bowling pins can be done with a 9mm (I would not go smaller), but more is better if you can handle it.

So, that leaves most of the handgun carbines (and include the .30 Cal M-1 carbine).

3. 1stmini

1stmini New Member

They are steel plates we have at the gun club I belong to , have several shapes and sizes , just a fun shoot , 1st and last place make the same money LOL , we don't knock them over just hit them and it is timed , the 22 is just cheap to shoot , if you can find ammo , and fun , only hand gun loads and no magnums

Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
  4. JW357

JW357 New Member

Ummm I dunno, my LGS has a AK variant looking thing in .22 LR. That might be fun. I think it was around $500 ish.

5. Gonzilla

Gonzilla New Member

OP - Browning has exactly what your looking for. They have a very successful pistol line and they made 16-18" carbines. Both bull barrel and sporter. Iron sights or optic only. They look like a ball to shoot.

Only negative is they are based around pistol mags so your limited to 10 rds but that should not be an issue w pins.

Bowling pins are trickey critters and they have an annoying tendency to stay ON the table. My club used to have 5 metal plates and we had to shoot them in a certain order so you couldn't just go down the line.

6. 1stmini

1stmini New Member

found a ruger sr 22 I think is coming home this weekend , have mags for a 10 22 already , well to update I got it home , shot 1 mag through it , great gun

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 22, 2014