Looking for ideas on fast strap on system for home burglary situations

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by fastline, Jan 28, 2011.

1. fastline

fastline New Member

I am looking for something I can keep by the bed with my pistol, small flashlight, flex cuffs, etc in so I can be hands free in a pinch.

I need something that will wear over shorts and a tshirt and clip on in 5 seconds. Example situation is my parimeter alarms go off while sleeping, I need to have some minor tactical gear on my person, hands free, out the door in 10-15 seconds, and able to run easily with the equipment on to apprehend a suspect and arrest them.

I do not want to be in a position where I have someone at gun point but cannot holster my weapon to cuff them. Or for that matter run with a gun in my hand and not really even need it. I would prefer to tackle and arrest rather than shoot but I need it on me.

I was thinking about a nylon belt with leg strap but do not want anything over the top, just the basics. Light weight, cheap, and limited...

Last edited: Jan 29, 2011
  2. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

So the guy takes off running and you take off after him. Meanwhile his accomplice is inside robbing you blind. Worse his accomplice ambushes you. Dont chase down anyone. You are not the police, he was fleeing and no longer a threat. You are likely to end up in jail or shot.

3. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Fastline- I really DO try not to lecture to people other than my grandkids and paying customers- but I would seriously invite you to examine your tactics- is that REALLY what you want to do? I mean are you REALLY sure?

4. HKSlinger

HKSlinger Member

"OUT THE DOOR"? I think,and this is just me,that I really wouldn't want a dead guy on my lawn with my rounds in 'em. Even worse, a live wounded guy that in the not too distant future will be lawyered up, and swearing to God, that he was walking down the road,minding his own business, not at all intending to kill you and rape your wife,when this crazed guy came flying out of his house,right after dreaming about Pamela Anderson, gunz a blazing. See how this might turn out? But, I guess if I had to have something ready, it would be some sort of tact vest. Be sure to have a GOOD lawyers business card in one of the pockets.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  5. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Attached Files:

6. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Strap on

I know a couple ladies who have strap-ons but thats as far as I will go with that.

7. vjf915

vjf915 New Member

Seriously? This is EXTREMELY mall ninja. You don't arrest people. You either shoot to kill if they are coming at you, or you let them run out the door. That's it.

8. fastline

fastline New Member

LOL. Sorry, I did not know this would create so much fuss.

Situation is that I have equipment outside and I have learned from experience that if the people are not detained, they are never caught and return once again to inflict losses. I want them caught so they can visit the pokey. In most cases here, I probably would not even need a gun but when I chase them, I need to be able to detain.

I am sorry if it seems over the top but it is MY property and they are trying to steal it. I fail to see why I should roll over.

Someone mentioned a tactical vest and that actually sounds like a great idea. that might wear and travel better. I have never found a belt that gives me good range of motion.

9. HKSlinger

HKSlinger Member

Its property. Lock it up good enough so it doesn't look like its worth the effort to mess with. Remember,most thieves are lazy,or they'd work for there money. Maybe look into motion lights,or a great big, 'Whoosa good boy' with big teeth.

10. fastline

fastline New Member

the Rot is "on order". I already have a well trained Goldy but i am afraid the "serve and protect" skills came missing in the package and I could not get a refund. My Rotty will be in the house with me most likely.

11. HKSlinger

HKSlinger Member

Like I like to say,a good dog can make one man a crowd. But, here again, you could have some legal trouble if handled wrong. Remember you can't just, 'release the hounds' on someone out side your home. As for me,I'll be just fine.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  12. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Oh I'm sure you've let them go all the way with them :eek:

:p

13. freefall

freefall New Member

For a quick gun and spare mag set up, it's hard to beat a good shoulder rig such as a Miami Classic. shrug into it, you have gun and 2 spare mags. Don't know about cuffs, but I'm not a cop. And as far as chasing someone down, anybody my fat old butt could catch up with is probably collapsed with a heart attack.

14. canebrake

canebrake New Member

You guys don't have a Jack Bauer Bag (JBB or RDK) hanging on the bed post??

Mine’s kinda like a Bug In Bag (BIB) for those intra-house sorties.

Full of MUST-HAVE things like;
    • Handgun in condition one
    • 2-3 loaded mags
    • Utility knife
    • Fighting fixed blade knife
    • Gauze
    • Paracord
    • Nylon ties
    • 2 flashlights
    • On & on

[​IMG]

Quick slip over the head and you've got all you need while mobile. It is somewhat fashion challenged if you're in your skivvies! :rolleyes:

And this,

[​IMG]

Loki is like a flash/bang, without the flash.

15. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Funny you should mention this Cane, but yes, I do indeed have a couple of tactical OEE (operation equipment essentials) Jack Sacks. :D

[​IMG]

16. fastline

fastline New Member

I dunno if the "sack" will work all to well with my mobility requirements. I would agree with the shoulder holster. I was going to start looking for a "tactical" vest but that could work the same. Something that was pretty modular would be awesome. I just think having a gun on my waist is not going to help much with mobility.

17. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

It seems to be working out for LEO for quite some time now :rolleyes:

18. fastline

fastline New Member

Let me ask this since we do not have too many tactical store fronts here, where should a guy shop for tactical gear like this? ie, which magazine, wholesale site, etc? I used to buy from midway on gun stuff..

19. vjf915

vjf915 New Member

Trying to detain somebody.....I see yourself looking at some pretty serious civil charges. Like it was said, it's property. You will likely lose MORE in a civil suit for detaining somebody than you would protect. A good security system, and motion activated lights will be the best deterrents. Detaining system not necessary.
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=tactical+gear

Last edited: Jan 31, 2011
  20. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

That dog looks ticked off!!