Looking for ideas on a reliable pocket pistol

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by sbushnell, Mar 31, 2012.

1. sbushnell

sbushnell New Member

Trying to find some recommendations on a good reliable pocket pistol for conceal carry!!!!
    Any one have any thoughts on this?

2. PlaysWithZombies

PlaysWithZombies New Member

Don't laugh, but a S&W ladysmith .38 is a great size for a pocket holster and a great gun for self defense

3. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I could think of quite a few. Revolver or semi-auto?

4. sbushnell

sbushnell New Member

I was looking for a semi-auto

5. Uptown_General_Roc

Uptown_General_Roc New Member

I would say go with a Glock. Just find out with size fit you better I love the full size like 21(.45 ACP) or 17(9mm)

6. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

I like both of those, but they don't usually meet pocket gun qualification.

I would go for either Ruger LCR (.357 if you can find one now), S&W J frame shrouded hammer, or Ruger LC9.

I am definitely intrigued by the SA Single Stack XD 45 that will be out soon.

7. elmerfudge

elmerfudge New Member

Beretta Tomcat in .32. Solid, high quality piece. Perfect for pocket (in appropriate pocket holster). Plenty of hot load .32 HP Ballistic Tip ammo available.

I carry it when clothing, like shorts and t-shirt, don't permit appropriate cover for IWB Glock 26.

8. dax

dax New Member

Sig Sauer P290. 9mm, reliable and accurate. Beretta Nano, have not seen one myself, but if yo do, try it out.

9. j4454

j4454 New Member

Kahr cm9 fits in your pocket and while not perfect a far better trigger than a LC9. If you want to upgrade PM9 or MK9 are also great guns. I have a CM9 that has functioned flawlessly through 500+ rounds. It was under $400 out the door. Always do your own research. Maybe go shoot a few. I bought a Cm9 because I prefer the trigger to the lc9 or the pf9, and the pm9 did not seen worth the extra couple hundred.

10. marc29th

marc29th New Member

I have s Sig Sauer P238 as a pocket pistol or for something just a bit bigger I also have a Ruger LC9. I'd recommend either of these.

11. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

One person's idea of "pocket carry" size is different than the next. You already established that you want semi-auto.

Best bang for your buck: Ruger LCP & LC9
    Also look into various Kahrs and the Sig P238.

12. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I second the CM9 by Kahr. Mine is very nice. It has replaced my J Frame for a daily carry.

13. Robbie762

Robbie762 New Member

Not too popular it seems, but I really like my S&W Bodyguard .380. Trigger pull is the big issue I hear the most about, but the long stiff pull is what I like in a pocket pistol. The laser is just a toy for me, I have no intention of using it in a self defense situation. It's not a target shooting pistol, it's a self defense weapon for 10 yards and less. For me it's accurate and dependable and very concealable. I use a DeSantis "Super Fly" pocket holster for warm weather casual clothes, an IWB holster for suits or ankle holster as a back-up when I open carry my Ruger SR1911 or Glock 23. Oh, and I forgot....my ammunition of choice for it, Hornady Critical Defense. It's not a "take it out of the box and start packing" pistol, you have to take it to the range and get good and comfortable with it first.

14. lilrichthedragon

lilrichthedragon New Member

I would not get anything from kahr. its nothing wrong with the weapon as is the people who make em.

15. strick23

strick23 New Member

What's wrong with the people who make them?

16. chucksolo69

chucksolo69 New Member

The Bersa Thunder .380 comes to mind. A bit larger than some pocket autos, but very accurate and reliable. Mine has about 500 rounds through it with NO failures of any kind.

17. therewolf

therewolf New Member

I've got really big front pockets, I guess.

S&W 645, 1911A1, and M9A1 all fit just fine,

if you wear a loose, long shirt...

18. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

+1 on the Kahr CM9

9pm beats any of pocket gun calibers and you get it in a very small package with a great trigger for a gun this size.

Tack

19. lilrichthedragon

lilrichthedragon New Member

google rev sun moon of korea. the owner if kahr firearms is his son. by buying guns from them you will help fuel there cause. the strangest thing is none of this ever gets on the news and further concludes my theory that government runs news. state runs radio

20. dogwalk

dogwalk New Member

Pocket Pistol

The Beretta Tomcat .32 auto is what I use most of the tme. A shrouded hammer snub-nosed .38 is also one of my favorites. dogwalk