looking for ar10

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by minty280, Mar 5, 2012.

1. minty280

minty280 New Member

Looking for ar10 and want a good one. I want accuracy and dependable. I don't want to buy the most expensive but not scared to pay for a good rifle. There are so many options. What would you all .recommend for a base model to build on or something that ready to go minus the attachments. I only want to buy this once not get one then realize I should have got a different brand like colt or any other manufacturer. I need your help.thanks

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  2. hosehead634

hosehead634 New Member

Look at the LMT MWS or Larue OBR. I have the MWS and love it. Depends on what you are wanting to do with it and how much is too much money really.

3. minty280

minty280 New Member

I've heard about the LMT at a gun show and it sound good. The Guy told me its the best .u can run it hard and dirty and it will always work. He quoted me 2800$ and 8week wait. Is that sound right for a price. Or shoud I keep looking?

4. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

5. saitek

saitek New Member

Attached Files:

6. minty280

minty280 New Member

If it was a worst case scenario would you guys stake your life on the dpms or rock river or would you go with the lmt? Thanks

7. 75370

75370 New Member

I have an Armalite, I had John Noveske do a trigger job and put a float tube on it.
    I'm happy with my choice, needless to say.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Knight's Armament SR-25 or M-110 two of the best you can find. The M-110 is the Army SASS rifle if that makes any difference to you.

9. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

I'll stake my life on any of my rifles/guns - no matter what name/rollmark is on the receiver :cool: But if you are set on spending a premium why not look at this one - http://www.ironridgeguns.com/ira-x-complete-rifles/

10. hosehead634

hosehead634 New Member

You can find the LMT at a better price if you shop around also look at the chrome lined as appose to the SS Barrel to save some cash. The LMT uses the Knight M110 lower. look at what the British army just picked up for their DMR role. Speaks volumes to the quality if they were willing to jump through the ITR laws. They beat out other contracts like HK and FN.

11. hosehead634

hosehead634 New Member

I live by iron ridge and have shot his version. Also a good option I am embarrassed I forgot to mention them. I will say I like the LMT better. They are a great option though.

12. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

Put my vote in for the ArmaLite. I think it is the best for the money (on the left)......

image-601252425.jpg

I've said it before...when I take these two to the range, the AR10 is a friggin' rock star. I don't know why, as the LWRCI with ACOG is a much more expensive rig. But that big rifle ALWAYS draws a crowd. First time I took it to the indoor range, everybody including the guys behind the counter put rounds through it. Lots of fun.

When I was shopping for a .308 platform, ArmaLite was the name that kept coming up as the one to have for the money. From the people I trusted, anyway.

Never a failure of any kind. Several thousand rounds through it. Mostly at silos at range, but I always finish the day up at the plinking range for a little more rapid fire fun, so it handles that too.

These are all my personal experiences...YMMV.