Looking for advice on what M-4 to buy

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by psschaub87, Dec 1, 2011.

1. psschaub87

psschaub87 New Member

I'm looking for some good advice on what kind of M-4 I should buy, I looked at a couple yesterday, and I found a brand new Colt M-4 5.56 NATO for 1068.00 walk out price. And there also was a Bushmaster .223/5.56 for 860.00 walk out. Any experienced advice on either would be helpful.

2. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Are they M4A1s? If so jump on them at that price then move to Mexico. I'm joking.

The Colt is a much better deal. Tell the person selling the BM that the firearms buying frenzy is over.

3. psschaub87

psschaub87 New Member

Awesome thanks, I ended up finding the S&W M&P-15 (5.56) for 800 from a local cop/old coworker.

4. sgttessnc

sgttessnc New Member

i shudder to think that my beloved money pit have eaten up over $2000 of my hard earned money so far with accessories.

5. SWBMOAMP2691

SWBMOAMP2691 New Member

Isn't the the truth.

6. dmp

dmp New Member

I bought mine as a kid and assembled at home. Cost me $670 + $25 for the FFL transfer of the Lower. Love the product, hate the company; Del-Ton. (google; won't justify that place with a link). Their customer service was non-existent for me; cost me a lot of frustration AND money for their mistake; refused to correct it. The product, however, is fine. Love the rifle. No issues, ever in the last three years of ownership. Buying a 'kit' might be an option for you; I used Youtube "how to assemble" videos to ensure I got it right - had been 15 years since I'd been to the Armorer's course.

Attached Files:

7. sgttessnc

sgttessnc New Member

is that a mbus on the side of the rail? and how do you like the mako magnifier? worth the $?

8. dmp

dmp New Member

it's a CheaperThanDirt $30? rear Flip up sight on the rail - works great; dead-on at 175 feet (about as far as I can shoot in my back yard). I have the EOTech (its for sale) off right now, as well as the Mako - which I really like, by the way. The eye relief isn't great, but for how I shoot, it's a very worth-while investment.

9. WDB

WDB New Member

Confused:confused: are you saying you bought parts for and assembled an AR and your a kid:eek: Or are you saying you went to ToysRus and bought a toy

10. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Fill us in on the rear sight on the rail at 9 o'clock.

11. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i think that was a typo error. he probably meant kit, not kid.:cool:

12. Quentin

Quentin New Member

ToysRus sells ARs? I gotta go check them out! :D

13. dmp

dmp New Member

Ha! :) While my KID did help me assemble the kiT...I got my (hopefully) KID the ol' fashioned way. :D

14. dmp

dmp New Member

I needed a place to put it. I don't shoot it through there. The rear sight hangs there. if I run out of battery, I move it to the top rail.

15. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Have you ever tried a thumb over grip?

16. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Dude,

that's not a rear sight.

That a prototype for the Magpul SLEH.

Spring Loaded Ergo Handstop, in Midnight Operator Black. :p

17. psschaub87

psschaub87 New Member

I ended up getting the S&W M&P AR-15 5.56 for eight bills. It has the flat top rail, so i went to Cheaper than dirt to get the Magpul front and rear sights, for the both I payed $114 including shipping; although the rear sights are on back order, I have only heard good thing about these sights. This thing is awesome, couldn't be happier. Just a beautiful weapon!

18. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

I thought it was there for when you want to go gangsta on somebody. :)

19. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Cancel your order and go here Our Catalog

In stock and cheaper plus free shipping.

Do me a favor and "favorite" the above site, DSG Arms, Palmetto State, Rainier Arms, and SKD Tactical.

Places like CTD are not your friends. They usually have slower shipping and cost more (parts and shipping).

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011
  20. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Sometimes you can do all right at CTD (and CDNN) but I agree that usually there are better choices like mentioned above. My last order from CTD was for a Walther P38/P1 slide/parts kit for $89, a good deal and not carried by that many places. Not so good on AR parts.