Firearms Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
23,968 Posts
In Washington State, you can purchase a suppressor for a legally licensed pistol, or a combination of the two, from a licensed Class III dealer.

You can legally take purchase of the suppressor after some paperwork and the required background check and $200 Tax Stamp.

HOWEVER -

It's basically a waste of your money because NOWHERE within the confines of the State of Washington are you NOT LEGALLY allowed to use said suppressor for ANY purpose. :mad:

That means if you sneak off into the woods and "try it out" and someone happens by your "range" you can be reported, you can be put in jail and your weapon WILL be confiscated, most likely, on the spot unless you have a REAL cool member of the Law Enforcement community that happens to show up. Not likely...

I would suggest a move one state East if this is a goal you can not let go as they are much friendlier there about your 2A rights.

JD

·
Banned
23,968 Posts
Perfect, thank you.

Although, the plan was to use it on our prive property. I live in a neighborhood with 20acer parcels. Our particular one, we are tuckeed in a corner, against a big hill. And people dont want to hear gun shots all day. I just wanted a quiet plinker.

So pretty much I can find what I want, buy it, pay a $200 dollar tax, do some rather crappy paperwork, and get it right?
Pretty much. The paperwork isn't too painful. Call Wade's Gun Shop in Bellevue, they probably move more suppressors than anyone in the area, but their prices are a bit high. They can set you straight on the rules though, then you can do some comparison shopping on your own.

Just be careful. The Laws in this state are VERY clear about civilians owning versus USING a suppressors.

JD

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.