Firearms Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Perfect, thank you.

Although, the plan was to use it on our prive property. I live in a neighborhood with 20acer parcels. Our particular one, we are tuckeed in a corner, against a big hill. And people dont want to hear gun shots all day. I just wanted a quiet plinker.

So pretty much I can find what I want, buy it, pay a $200 dollar tax, do some rather crappy paperwork, and get it right?
Have you tried subsonic rounds?

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
If you are an adult, you can buy ammo and have shipped to you. MOST 22 autos will not cycle with subsonics, but bolts and levers work oK. Most common brands- Aguilla Colibri, and CCI CB Longs. Personally prefer the CCI- looks like a 22 LR round, but has very light propellant charge. Bullet travels slower than speed of sound, VERY quiet from a rifle. Drop is much greater than higher velocity ammo, and energy is much less- but quite accurate, adequate for pest control- and a lot cheaper and a LOT less hassle than suppressor.
My Marlin 60 cycles the CCIs pretty well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.