Firearms Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Live in CA. I am looking for a Russian AK and wanted to know if I can legally own one and what is the best brand. I don't want to buy a cheap one I rather spend a lil more for quality.

·
Registered
7,545 Posts
As far as what you can legally own in CA, be very sure of local laws before buying any AK. It could be a non-converted Saiga is the best option but I can't be sure as I don't live there.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Get a saiga jus had the same problem they run for about $350-$500 even though is expensive to build to make it look more like an ak its worth it because it's reliable and pretty accurate :D

·
Registered
1,629 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
The best ak that I have ever owned is the one that I have now-Krebs.built on a russian receiver-kinda pricy. I got lucky and traded a russian sks even for the Krebs several years ago. Never had a problem and it is very accurate.Google Krebs custom guns and take a look. Best of luck in your search. Dick:)

·
Registered
457 Posts
I have an unconverted Saiga in 7.62x39mm and I love it. I never quite understood the obsession with getting one to "look like" a "real" AK -- I'm perfectly happy with the sporter stock, and you can get 30-round mags that work without gunsmithing. All for way under $400. What's the problem? Russian-made, new in the box, chrome-lined bore, built like a tank, won't break, won't jam, never fails to go "bang," high-quality ammo for cheap.

Why would anybody pay two or three times that for a piece that's a rebuilt piece of used Romanian junk, just because it "looks" like a "real" AK? Isn't performance and quality what count?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts