Looking for a russian AK

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by felix1904, Jul 30, 2012.

1. felix1904

felix1904 New Member

I Live in CA. I am looking for a Russian AK and wanted to know if I can legally own one and what is the best brand. I don't want to buy a cheap one I rather spend a lil more for quality.

2. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

Saiga rifles are Russian built AK rifles in a sporter configuration, they can be easilyconverted into a traditional setup. This is your best bet, Arsenal SGL AKs are converted Saiga's and are therefore Russian rifles built in the U.S.

http://centerfiresystems.com/sai-545.aspx

3. okdonk

okdonk New Member

^ true. Arsenal Saiga SGL worth the money.

4. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

You might want to take a gander at this:

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/ :)

5. Quentin

Quentin New Member

As far as what you can legally own in CA, be very sure of local laws before buying any AK. It could be a non-converted Saiga is the best option but I can't be sure as I don't live there.

6. felix1904

felix1904 New Member

Thanks guys. I will Post what I get.

7. Glore

Glore New Member

The sgl from Arsenal is everything I was looking for, no disappointments.

image-2546984570.jpg

8. rem870forever

rem870forever New Member

Get a saiga jus had the same problem they run for about $350-$500 even though is expensive to build to make it look more like an ak its worth it because it's reliable and pretty accurate :D

9. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36 Active Member

10. fivefourfiveX39

fivefourfiveX39 New Member

Look into getting a IZSL-332A from legion arsenal out of Hallandale Beach, FL

11. Hdq

Hdq New Member

Thats kick *** how much is it? Can you get it in the us?

12. Hdq

Hdq New Member

Check out io inc they sell california legal quality ak47s made in the usa baby! Or the centurion 39

13. blitzen25cat

blitzen25cat New Member

The best ak that I have ever owned is the one that I have now-Krebs.built on a russian receiver-kinda pricy. I got lucky and traded a russian sks even for the Krebs several years ago. Never had a problem and it is very accurate.Google Krebs custom guns and take a look. Best of luck in your search. Dick:)

14. cnorman18

cnorman18 New Member

I have an unconverted Saiga in 7.62x39mm and I love it. I never quite understood the obsession with getting one to "look like" a "real" AK -- I'm perfectly happy with the sporter stock, and you can get 30-round mags that work without gunsmithing. All for way under $400. What's the problem? Russian-made, new in the box, chrome-lined bore, built like a tank, won't break, won't jam, never fails to go "bang," high-quality ammo for cheap.

Why would anybody pay two or three times that for a piece that's a rebuilt piece of used Romanian junk, just because it "looks" like a "real" AK? Isn't performance and quality what count?