looking for a reliable 9mm that will fire every time

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by Jkustomz28, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Jkustomz28

Jkustomz28 New Member

I'm looking at either the glock 19 or the ruger p95 . please any susgetions would be great. I'm looking to have a gun that will be reliable and fire every time the p95 keeps me coming back to it. but i know that the glock has a great track history. money is a big part in this but i don't want a cheap gun so i will wait if needed. this gun will be used as my everyday carry gun (ccw) i currently carry a bersa thunder .380 plus i love the gun but it has some ftf issues and i don't want to send it out with out having another gun to carry so why not upgrade. so what do you guys think glock or p95? or if anyone has a different opion on a good carry 9mm that will be reliable please let me know

2. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Ruger is alot better gun IMHO. Then again I hate Dlocks worse than I do stray cats. Cz is another great gun Co that's kinda inexpensive. So is keltec and s&w.

3. gearhead396

gearhead396 New Member

I have a beretta 92fs got it used for 700 awsome reliable gun plus has a external hammer and a safety which I prefer

4. towboater

towboater Active Member

5. kdog

kdog New Member

Have a look at the CZ75 in all it`s variations.

http://www.cz-usa.com/products/by-category/handguns/

Very accurate, tons of tuning stuff and add ons can be purchased, high cap mag but still a slim design.
    The CZ75 is very reliable und just plain fun to shoot.

For a slightly lighter version, there is a Polymer version out. I think the CZ75 SP 01 Phantom

http://www.cz-usa.com/products/view/cz-75-sp-01-phantom/

or a P-01, that is a compact version of the newer models.

http://www.cz-usa.com/products/view/cz-p01/

It`s always a matter of taste, but everybody I have talked to and read in forums about, that tried a CZ75 will generally never go away from it again.

6. Jkustomz28

Jkustomz28 New Member

i have never heard of cz until now sorry am goggling now

7. Jkustomz28

Jkustomz28 New Member

also im a big fan of a external hammer and a decocker and single/double action

8. titandave

titandave New Member

I have the Ruger SR9c and could not be happier. There isn't anything I would change with this gun. Easy to conceal, shoots very accurately, plenty of safety features. I've put approx. 600 rounds through it without any problem thus far!!

9. irockglock

irockglock New Member

10. Quentin

Quentin New Member

For CCW I'd say Glock 19 or 26.

If you really want a decocker with a hammer they will be heavier and bulkier. The 5906 was mentioned earlier and it's a great choice but heavy. Used ones can easily be found for $300 or a little more. The alloy frame 5903 is lighter.

11. Byron0022

Byron0022 New Member

CZ P07 is a great pistol for around $400. Go to Academy and check one out.

12. fupuk

fupuk New Member

If im not carrying my Gp100, i cary my Glock 17. Its really easy to conseal for me. All i wear is dickies work shirts and my actual work shirts. Its not heavy compared to my Gp100 and its still full size and i can shoot just as good with it. And its really easy on recoil, so follow up shots are easy to make.

13. ballistix45

ballistix45 New Member

14. Commocarl

Commocarl New Member

I had never heard of a CZ 75 before I started asking around here. I was looking for a good, tough, reliable 9mm. I went to the LGS, explained what I wanted, they laid out the Glock, Sig P226, Taurus version of the Beretta 92fs and the CZ 75. After handling all of them, I left with the CZ, incidentally it is a decocker model (CZ 75BD). It feels really good in your hand, but I can see where it is not for everyone, its roughly 2.5 lbs.
    So far I really like it, as a novice pistol shooter it is exactly what I needed. If you can find a CZ around, you should take a look at it.

The guys on this forum are great for helping out with this kind of thing, most won't let brand bias get in the way of pointing you to what you are looking for.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2012
  15. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

If you love the Bersa get one in 9mm.

16. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

I now carry this Kahr PM9. It's small, light, easy to conceal, and very dependable. Plus, it's pretty accurate for a "pocket pistol". I got it on GB for $599, which included the CT laser.
    [​IMG]

17. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Glock. Easy gun to use under stress. Not a lot to snag. Great customer service ( Ruger's is great as well). Mags are easyto find and affoardable.

18. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

You can find the original XD subcompacts in the sub $400 range new. That's damned hard to beat, IMO.

19. Jkustomz28

Jkustomz28 New Member

I think I may get the p95 going to test fit one today after work. How is the concealment of the p95 any thoughts on that I know everyone says that they are chuncky guns but they seem to be smaller than a glock so honesty how hard would it be to conceal? I wear belt holsters and Dickie shirts at work all day would it be that noticeable? I'm 6ft 165lbs. Any thoughts? Any people that have the p95 and carry it everyday? And I'd like to hear about any problems with the p95 from people that own it. I'm really leaning toward this pistol seems like a great all around pistol and for $330 that's less than I paid for my bersa .380

20. towboater

towboater Active Member

Cz82 ain't 9X19
    But a darn good gun. Its 9X18