looking for a realistically priced MONOPOD

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by Nathantc, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Nathantc

Nathantc Member

I own a accushot monopod, cost me about $100 and honestly i feel it should have been more like $20 in reality for what it is. that said i want another monopod for a .22 wmr im building. i just dont want to spend that much for nothing. there just is not enough machining and design work involved to warrant that price

anyway im starting this discussion to see if maybe there are "airsoft" versions out there or whatever. no matter the attachment design i can possibly make it work as this is going to be a custom rifle anyway.

my googlefu is failing me on this one.

Lonewolf Mcquade likes this.
  2. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Try Wish and Ali Express

3. jigs-n-fixture

jigs-n-fixture Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

There is a 3D Pinted plastic version on eBay. But, even it is above your price point.

4. PaBushMan

PaBushMan Well-Known Member

Walmart has them. If it's the same a shooting stick.

5. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Get a camera monopod and rig it

winds-of-change likes this.
  6. Nathantc

Nathantc Member

yeah i just figured maybe there was an airsoft or toy version. on a 22lr its never going to see recoil so it would not need to be as strong as the accushot one i already have. just dont see $100 for $5 worth of aluminium. crazy no smaller company hasn't came along with one at a realistic price. they would for sure turn a profit on each unit and would sell like hot cakes

7. W.T. Sherman

W.T. Sherman Well-Known Member

here ya go, 25 bucks free shipping
    http://www.opticsfactory.com/223-30...steel-inserted-leg-bipod-side-picatinny-rail/

if this doesn't "tickle your fancy" then you can do one of three things; take the ACCU-SHOT off your other rifle and put it on the .22 you're going to buy or dig deep and get another ACCU-SHOT. number 3 is keep looking for a cheap monopod

Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
  8. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Well-Known Member

The problem is that a rear mono-pod is a "specialty" item,and very few shooter's actually use them. That's the main reason they cost what they do.
    Why do Atlas Bi-pod's cost $300+? Because there are people that will pay that price for them.