Looking for a place to shoot

Discussion in 'New Jersey Gun Forum' started by jmdc, Feb 19, 2012.

1. jmdc

jmdc New Member

Is there any good places to shoot in central jersey?

2. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Best bet is to google it.

3. Huntkrazed

Huntkrazed New Member

The best place to shhot in central Jersey is The Central Jersey Rifle and Pistol Club......... I could give you a tour on any Sun. you wish.

4. kewldevil1

kewldevil1 New Member

New range in Randolph Morris county on rt 10. 9 ports 25 yards plus pro shop. Any handgun caliber and shotgun slugs. Really friendly owners and they rent pistols and rifles.

5. John Fox

John Fox New Member

There's one in Carteret called Lake Island.

6. Twpbaseball10

Twpbaseball10 New Member

fort dix is a good range also. its cheap about $60 for the year and $3 hr then on the rifle range and about $10 for 100 clay pigions. Nice facilities as well

7. jruglio

jruglio New Member

Central Jersey Rifle & Pistol Club (CJRPC) in Jackson is by far the best option for central Jersey residents to shoot. I belonged to Range-14 at Fort Dix, and although cheap, they are only open 3/4 days a week with limited hours. always a hassle to have to check in and pay(usually a wait) It also offers only outdoor ranges.

CJR&PC is open 7x24 and provide key fob access. No range fees and rarely a wait. Other features include:

7x24 access:
    Indoor pistol range

7 days dawn to sunset outdoor ranges:
    Pistol range (till 9pm as its lighted)
    Multi purpose range (pistol and long gun-200yds
    High power range-300 TSS-no pistols
    17 open pits for .22 and handgun use
    Archery/crossbow range
    Skeet/trap range
    Shotgun patterning

Allow use of land to hunt during season(range closed)- no addl few for licensed member hunters.

Membership costs $400 (one time capital charge)
    $250 a year. No "required" work, but they offer work credits to subsidize the following year's dues if you do assist. Also a $50 referral credit if you sponsor new members. Unlimited spouse/minor children access and allows tou to bring 2 guests up to 3 times per year(can be different people as long as the same 2 do not come more than twice in a given year. After that, they expect frequent guest to join like everyone else. This makes this it a great place to shoot with occasional friends/visitors) It costs more $$ than Fort Dix, but is way better. If you shoot a bunch and add up the Fort Dix costs, it can easily cost you $250 in a year with much less.

CJRPC is worth the money for the convenience and offerings. No need to look around.

Http://www.cjrpc.org

8. strix

strix New Member

Can you bring your own ammo? Cause right now I'm a member of shore shot and you have to buy there's and that gets $$$

9. John Fox

John Fox New Member

You are welcome to try out Lake Island with me at no charge. Let me know.

10. jruglio

jruglio New Member

You must bring your own ammo as this is not a retail location like ShoreShot. It's a private club.

11. strix

strix New Member

Nice thank you

12. mdsAmmo

mdsAmmo New Member

Old Bridge Rifle & Pistol club (obrpc) is a pretty decent club, and certainly convenient if your within the New Brunswick / old bridge area.

Indoor 24/7 and outdoor dawn/dusk. Private ranges, and tons of perks.

http://www.obrpc.org/

13. strix

strix New Member

I thought they are open to the public to, and do they do rentals?

14. mdsAmmo

mdsAmmo New Member

it's actually a members only club. Very reasonable dues considering the convenience (if your in central nj). They do not offer rentals either.