Looking for a new Glock

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Logan636, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Logan636

Logan636 New Member

Im looking for a new glock with preferably a 3 1/2 to 4 inch barrel in either 40 or 45 (for both the range and daily carry). Any recommendations?

2. DodgerBlue

DodgerBlue New Member

Glock 36 .45 ACP. Might be just what you're looking for. Own one and love it.
    [​IMG]

3. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

I suggest you go to some local gun shops and hold the .40s and .45 ACPs Glock offers and see which feels the best to you, and has the feature or characteristics you want.

4. eborden1122

eborden1122 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I just bought the 36 a few weeks ago and it is great firearm. Perfect for conceal carry. The slim grip is perfect.

5. Glockcurmudgeon

Glockcurmudgeon New Member

If you want the best...

Glock 30 w/factory night sights
    Glock 30SF w/Trijicon green/orange/green tritium night sights.

Either can use 10 to 17rd magazines (factory and 13rd-Arradondo+4 extension).

Softest shooting .45acps anywhere. I frequently carry both, and both are always loaded with 185gr Corbon SCHP.

Glockcurmudgeon, out...

6. Quentin

Quentin New Member

I would look real hard at the Glock 23. IMO it's the perfect size and caliber. Mine is a Gen 4 and fits well with the short frame (no grip adapters). Very few problems reported with the Gen4 40s, certainly none with mine so far.

7. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

Might wanna consider the compact Glock 29 in 10mm...more power & capacity than the .45 :D

8. Glockpotion23

Glockpotion23 New Member

G30 sf would work great. More ammo capacity, plus slim grip. Nothing against the 36 but when i hear single stack mag, i think of 1911:p

9. Rarity

Rarity New Member

10mm, and 45 ACP is becoming much harder to get, and it isn't as affordable as the 40 S&W.

I say the Glock 27. I personally do not think whether you walk into a gun shop and get a feel for all of the sub-compact glocks, because they are merely all modeled the same.

The only time you'll very much understand the characteristics of the firearm is when you can get some shooting time, and what kind of caliber and ammunition you will be shooting.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2011
  10. Hackett

Hackett New Member

Might also want to consider the 29/30 mutant! Mwa hahahaha!

OK, maybe not...

Look into conversion barrels too, as you might be able to buy 1 glock 1 barrel and have different caliber choices with the mere switch of a conversion barrel.

11. Howie371

Howie371 New Member

Well I own a Glock 22 and love it. A little hard to conceal on your person but I keep mine in the vehicle and in the house. Thats just me.

12. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

I owe a S&W 457 45ACP and never thought
    to own a Glock. And I got a Ruger LCP 380 as
    a back-up. But lately what with the capacity
    of holding anywhere between 17 to 30 rds in a
    Glock. I've been thinking ... and thinking ... and ...