Firearms Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help looking for a good 1911 and a good place to get one around fort riley ks... I got a grand to spend.. I don't really know which the best ones are and what ones are having problems...

·
Registered
154 Posts
Go colt. It's the original. There are a lot of good ones S&W Remington Springfield but all around colt is just superior. Combat elite is my next purchase

·
Registered
65 Posts
For $1k take a close look at the STI Trojan. I'm an STI junkie and my son shoots a Trojan so I've had the chance to shoot it often. I don't think there's a better 1911 on the market at that price. Buttery smooth operation and amazingly accurate. Great gun from a terrific company. Built in Texas and comes with a lifetime warranty on the gun.

·
Retired
13,597 Posts
Although some may shun the used market, I've found some very good deals there.

The last was a DW Pointman Major in .45ACP for less than $850.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Although some may shun the used market, I've found some very good deals there.

The last was a DW Pointman Major in .45ACP for less than $850.
Any Dan Wesson bought for $1000 or less will blow away the competition, Colt included.

STI Trojan would be a good choice. Sig Traditional Match Elite is another. Springfield Loaded.

·
Registered
416 Posts
schnelting21 said:
I need help looking for a good 1911 and a good place to get one around fort riley ks... I got a grand to spend.. I don't really know which the best ones are and what ones are having problems...
Colt lwc, 1991 m1911, new agent, defender, gold cup, etc. all can be found at that price with a little patience. Check www.armslist.com. You can set filters to search a specific gun in your specific area.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I like the S&W EOTech sights and I do very good with this gun but the Ithaca is the one I shoot most. I like the Kensight and the smooth recoil. The gun just feels good in my hand. I have several other 1911's but these two are my favorites.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
I like the S&W EOTech sights and I do very good with this gun but the Ithaca is the one I shoot most. I like the Kensight and the smooth recoil. The gun just feels good in my hand. I have several other 1911's but these two are my favorites.
How do you like the Ithaca? Don't see many around on the forums. I have thought about getting one, but can't justify the price. That's Baer territory.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts