Looking for a new 1911

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by schnelting21, Jan 27, 2013.

1. schnelting21

schnelting21 New Member

I need help looking for a good 1911 and a good place to get one around fort riley ks... I got a grand to spend.. I don't really know which the best ones are and what ones are having problems...

2. j4454

j4454 New Member

Go colt. It's the original. There are a lot of good ones S&W Remington Springfield but all around colt is just superior. Combat elite is my next purchase

3. GLI45

GLI45 New Member

For $1k take a close look at the STI Trojan. I'm an STI junkie and my son shoots a Trojan so I've had the chance to shoot it often. I don't think there's a better 1911 on the market at that price. Buttery smooth operation and amazingly accurate. Great gun from a terrific company. Built in Texas and comes with a lifetime warranty on the gun.

4. gunsmoke11

gunsmoke11 New Member

Sig Nightmare is a beauty. That's my next one.

5. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Although some may shun the used market, I've found some very good deals there.

The last was a DW Pointman Major in .45ACP for less than $850.

6. harleytech

harleytech New Member

+1 for Colt..!!!
    ;)

7. Olympus

Olympus New Member

Any Dan Wesson bought for $1000 or less will blow away the competition, Colt included.

STI Trojan would be a good choice. Sig Traditional Match Elite is another. Springfield Loaded.

8. broke-again124

broke-again124 New Member

Colt lwc, 1991 m1911, new agent, defender, gold cup, etc. all can be found at that price with a little patience. Check www.armslist.com. You can set filters to search a specific gun in your specific area.

9. blindshooter

blindshooter New Member

I like the S&W EOTech sights and I do very good with this gun but the Ithaca is the one I shoot most. I like the Kensight and the smooth recoil. The gun just feels good in my hand. I have several other 1911's but these two are my favorites.

Attached Files:

10. Olympus

Olympus New Member

How do you like the Ithaca? Don't see many around on the forums. I have thought about getting one, but can't justify the price. That's Baer territory.