Texas Looking for a hardwood stock for Remington model 7

Discussion in 'Firearms for Sale' started by Bump21, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Bump21

Bump21 New Member

Had a Remington Model 7 shipped this week to me. Delivery service broke the beautiful walnut stock. The price of a stock is being refunded to me.

2. MCarter788

MCarter788 New Member

Can you not just order a new stock from remington?

3. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

check out Boyd's Gun Stocks. they carry laminated and walnut stocks at a very reasonable price. i have used two of their stocks on my rifles with great results.

Boyd's is also a vendor on this forum.

4. Bump21

Bump21 New Member

Thanks, I do have a Boyd's laminated stock at the gun smith now for a model 70 it nice. But wanted to try and match and original walnut stock.
    I did contact Remington and the C S guy said that the closest he could come up with was a CDL stock.

5. Axxe55

check out this walnut stock for the Model 7.

http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/product.htm?pid=28007&cat=1223

6. Bump21

Bump21 New Member

7. Axxe55

i used one of the laminates in grey on my Marlin XS7 in 7mm-08 and it worked great. had to do very little fitting to make it a perfect fit. at some point i will rebarrel this rifle in the same caliber, but with a longer heavy target barrel. that was the reason for getting a laminated stock for this rifle so i could open up the barrel channel in the future, and free float the barrel.

8. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

There is an M 7 or two for sale at every Indy 1500 Gun Show, and I always stop to check them out. Asking prices were down to $400 on account of rust or missing parts. Wood is rarely a problem. If you like to keep em original, you can do well by scavenging the stock and reselling what's left.