Looking for a great deal on a Savage Axis

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by CountryScience, Jan 3, 2012.

1. CountryScience

CountryScience New Member

I'm in the market for a Savage Axis .308 Camo and was wondering if anyone has come across a great deal or when is the best time to catch a great deal? Before or after hunting season? Thank you for your help ahead a time.

2. donthav1

donthav1 Active Member

hell even the camo ones i've seen for sale around here go for $300 or so new. if you ask me that's a helluva deal.

3. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

Usually before hunting season seems to produce the best sales here in Central Illinois. That is if you are buying at a box store.

I have been dealing with a couple of local gun stores in my area on the last 10 or so guns. Usually I just ask for their best out the door price. Amazing how well repeat business in a LGS will get you a pretty decent price.

4. CountryScience

Thank you for your time

5. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I got my axis in .223 camo at dicks sporting goods for $329 on sale with the scope and mounts , I used the bases and ditched the scope for a better one , but they had it in several differnet calibers including .308 for the same price .
    So far so good , lots of rounds thru it without any hiccups , very accurate also

6. CountryScience

Yeah I need to go by there and look

7. Drriley

Drriley New Member

Walmart was carrying the Savage Edge - (the Axis before the name change)
    for $269 and my local store even had it in 308.

8. CountryScience

Thank you that's a great price