Looking For A Good .40 Cal. CCW

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by deerkillr777, Jan 21, 2013.

1. deerkillr777

deerkillr777 New Member

Looking for a good .40 CCW and a good holster to go with it? I have a Taurus .357 in a 2 inch barrel and a Ruger GP 100 .357 6 inch. Not much of a semi auto hand gun guy but I'm looking for one for CCW?

2. austin92

austin92 New Member

Im not saying this is the best option out there but it's what I have and use and it keeps me happy. I have a smith and season sigma .40 that I carry in an uncle mikes in the waist band left hand holster above my right back pocket. Easily concealed with a long t shirt. MHO the sigma is the best gun for the cost but others will disagree

3. Renegade44

Renegade44 New Member

I have a S&W M&P 40c. I like it a lot. But I'm not a little guy. I'm 6'0" 230lbs.

4. davva360

davva360 New Member

You could try an SR40c. I have the SR9c and love it.

5. deerkillr777

deerkillr777 New Member

My busy has the sr9 I don't like the long trigger pull. But I do like the gun. I keep looking around more and more for a nice feeling semi auto pistol. I just hate not being able to go out n shot before I buy to find out what I like

6. yzf128r

yzf128r New Member

I have been carrying a Glock 23 for 15 years, and have no intentions of ever replacing it. I also have a ruger SR 40 that I don't carry, but it is an excellent pistol for the price.

7. InDefenseofLiberty

InDefenseofLiberty New Member

If you don't like the trigger pull of the Ruger then try the Springfield XDm 3.8 compact in .40. Crisp trigger match accuracy in a hell of a concealable platform. I use the Galco king tuk and i wear it all day, every day. Tuckable holster and no one knows i am carrying unless I let them.

8. stevem8

stevem8 New Member

Just got a Walther PPS in .40 today. Great concealed gun. Nice trigger. Check them out