Looking for a dissipator upper.....

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Westy, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Westy

Westy New Member

I'm trying to track down a source for a dissipator upper just like the one shown. I know it's going to hard to find right now, but once things settle down I want an upper just like this for my next build.

Any thoughts or comments on the upper?

Attached Files:

2. jamesb

jamesb New Member

Same here. I'm in the process of trying to get another AR together and want a dissy. Can't find one anywhere. Just keep an eye on the sites that normally have them and hope they get one in.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2013

3. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

I've been very pleased with my dissipator. It's an excellent weapon.

4. Westy

Westy New Member

I think A1 Sales might still have them. I want this particular upper though. I don't want the normal front sight.

5. AndyRexia

AndyRexia New Member

PSA sells dissipator uppers. Model1 Sales and I believe Bushmaster do as well. Del-Ton also. There are probably more but those are the ones I know about. I have no idea if any of them have one in stock but those are a few sites to keep your eye on.

6. Westy

Westy New Member

7. Westy

Westy New Member

I should have grabbed one of the "12 days of Christmas sales" at PSA, but was too slow. All sold out now......

8. greenriver

greenriver New Member

I know what an upper is but what's dissipator upper?

9. JonM

JonM Moderator

its a 16" barrel using a rifle length gas system. it was the early first attemmpt at fixing the carbine length issues on a 16" barrel. it got swamped by the midlength gas systems which works better than carbine or rifle on 16" barrels.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013