Looking for a different style of ankle holster. What's the best?

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by Phelenwolf, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Phelenwolf

Phelenwolf New Member

I am looking for a different style of ankle holster. Right now I am using a Galco Glove for my Sig P232, I like the holster but after a while it starts to hurt from where the thumb strap is rubbing in to my leg.

I am looking for different idea's on how to carry my back up on my ankle. Something that is comfortable.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2010
  2. billdeserthills

billdeserthills New Member

What I learned from using an ankle holster is you need to have a knee strap on it to carry for any length of time. After trying out a couple of cheaper (under $50.00) ankle holsters I finally broke down & called Don Hume. Their ankle holster is very well covered with nice, soft material, but after putting it on I discovered that although comfortable, so much fluffy material rendered the holster visible right through my pant leg, which made me switch back to double front pocket holsters instead...

3. notamoocher

notamoocher New Member

I used to carry my Keltec pf9 in a KNJ. It worked fairly well.

4. Bighead

Bighead New Member

Best Buy: Cozy Partner from Renegade Holsters in Phoenix, AZ. They don't have a website, but you can Google and find a couple people carrying them to show you pics, then call and order the holster you want for the gun you're carrying.

More expensive, but excellent holsters: Alessi Holsters & Five Shot Leather.

Renegade Cozy Partner Model #50
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 26, 2010