looking for a Dan Wesson 10 mm

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by hogslayer, Jul 25, 2012.

1. hogslayer

hogslayer New Member

Hi all
    I have been lurking around the edges here for a while. Had 1911s all my life.
    Carry an AMT Combat and love it, I am looking for a Dan Wesson in 10 MM.......
    Anyone know where I can get one?

Thanks
    Hogslayer

2. Olympus

Olympus New Member

Got two myself and will never part with them. Finding a 10mm DW for sale will be difficult and you likely won't get any bargains. Used versions get snapped up very quickly. I believe they have started making the Razorback again so you might find a new one. That won't be cheap either. Good luck. I have a feeling you'll need it. I think me and dan_fl are the only members here that have 10mm DWs.

3. hogslayer

hogslayer New Member

Thanks for the reply's guys. I sure do hate to buy a used gun without putting my grubby little fingers on it. Will prob have to do a lot of lookin before I find one I like.

4. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Check out www.gunbroker.com
    Most used Dan Wesson's can be repaired with Ed Brown parts without too much modifications.

I would set up an agreement with the seller for buy back if the firearm is not as advertised.

5. hogslayer

hogslayer New Member

Yep but i would rather have one that doesn't need repair to start with.

6. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

There may be one or two on an auction site that are NIB or new.

7. Gonzilla

Gonzilla New Member

Does it have to be a Dan Wesson ? Colt & CZ make 10 mm guns. Even "G" makes a model.

8. hogslayer

hogslayer New Member

I had a "G" model 20 for a while.... felt like I had a 4x4 post in my hand. Traded it for a metal detector... at least now I can hold my head up again lol. It will have to be some sort of 1911 (they just feel right in your hand) for me to be happy. A Delta Eleate (and i prob spelled it wrong) would be real nice!!!

9. scottmac

scottmac New Member

Kimber makes a nice 10mm too ... several actually

I have an Eclipse Custom II and a First Edition Stainless Delta Elite. Both are good shooters, but I replaced the grips with a Hogue finger position-style.

I had a First Edition Delta Elite in blued steel, and it was a piece of crap (medallions fell off the first time shooting it, jams, galling, poor fit...); it went to Colt three times (under warranty). When it returned from the third repair, I swapped it for a Smith M27 Special Edition and wrote Colt a letter of disappointment.

10. hogslayer

hogslayer New Member

Thanks for the info on the Delta Elite. Like I said earlier I will prob have to do a lot of looking before I pick one. So If you have an opinion on a good 10 MM please let me know.

11. Gonzilla

Gonzilla New Member

CZ hunter model - 6" w adj sights, all steel.