Looking for a butt plate for a old shotgun

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing Forum' started by michiana, Aug 15, 2009.

1. michiana

michiana New Member

I have a Western Arms 12 gage double barrel shotgun I got from my father in law when he pasted away last year. I refinished the stock and cleaned up the metal so it looks nice with the exception of the butt plate which fell apart on me. Right now I have a old one someone gave me but it doesn't fit and I probably need to buy something that I can fit to the contour. Does anyone have a good source for this? The gun is not worth a lot so I want to keep cost to a minimum. The one that came with the gun was only about 1/4" thick and a bakalite type material. Any leads would be apprecited.

Thanks

2. W. C. Quantrill

W. C. Quantrill New Member

Try Numrich Arms up in New York.

3. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

Yeah, they've got a bunch of butt plates.

4. W. C. Quantrill

W. C. Quantrill New Member

Also, go to Brownells website and contact them with your information, they may have one also. It may take them a couple of days to get back to you but they will answer you.

5. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

buttler creek makes pads that come very close to fitted. measure your butt (The guns butt not yours) and see if they have one to fit it. A grind to fit is going to be a pain in the tuckes and cost more in jigs and equipment than 10 of the guns are worth.