looking for a buddy

Discussion in 'Massachusetts Gun Forum' started by Jerzy, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Jerzy

Jerzy New Member

Hi All,

My name is Jerzy and I have just joined this Forum. Hello to everyone I

I need to improve my shooting skill and I am going to visit a public shooting range in Salisbury (MA) and/or Manchester (NH).

Maybe you know someone who would like to join me there. They have a policy: "If you are an unlicensed RENTER, you will NOT be permitted to rent and shoot alone."

Best regards,
    Jerzy

2. rn-cindy

rn-cindy Well-Known Member

I have never heard of that..I know alot of ranges wont allow you to shoot unless you have taken "THEIR" shooter safety class...Check that out, but things may be different where your at. I'm not sure what "unlicensed" means.....anyways...Welcome to FTF...:)

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014

3. rn-cindy

rn-cindy Well-Known Member

You might have better luck posting in the Cubhouse, or handgun sections..Not much traffic in the State sections........

4. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Some states require a gun license. And some ranges have had the unfortunate experience of having someone come in, by themselves, rent a gun, and go shoot themselves on the range (suicide). Leaves range with horrible PR, shut down while investigation takes place, cost of having a bio-hazard cleanup, usually loss of rented gun, etc.

Would post in clubhouse section AS WELL as in State thread, since I understand he is looking for a shooting partner IN HIS STATE.

And good luck! Would also suggest you contact the State Rifle Association, see if they can offer some help- and check with the range for shooting classes, etc that can help you hook up with a shooting companion.

5. Jerzy

Jerzy New Member

Thank you for all those great recommendations. I have just post in the clubhouse section too. Hopefully I will find my shooting buddy :)

6. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Well-Known Member Supporter

Best suggestion I have, move to Georgia. I'll take you shootin'. ;)

7. Jerzy

Jerzy New Member

I wish i lived in South. In my soul I'm a southern man

8. Mason609

Mason609 Active Member

I've visited the range in Manchester many times. If you know how to shoot, they'll rent you the range time (and any firearm) with no issues. If you have no experience, they have a brief course so you don't shoot yourself or someone else, or break the firearm.

I live in the South Shore, belong to a club in Holbrook and have a small variety of firearms. If you are willing to make the trek some time, let me know.

9. Jerzy

Jerzy New Member

Great ! Thank you !

10. JC_p2tp21

JC_p2tp21 New Member

Jerzy I emailed you . Waiting on the reply sorry it took long to message you back .