Looking for a big gun!

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by M1911VS44, Mar 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M1911VS44

M1911VS44 New Member

Am looking for a big gun so I can take out these moose that keep destroying my satellite.It's hunting season so no worries and I'm alone in the Woods (not completely I do have people next to me)Any suggestions I'm still building my .50 but I would not want to shoot an animal with it (and it's not together)Now it is destroying my back yard.It is time to take this moose down

Last edited: Mar 17, 2012
  2. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Try anything from 270 up to 45/70 gov't

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

3. DodgerBlue

DodgerBlue New Member

how about a Russian Mosin Nagant. I dont approve of hunting for any reason, just for the record! :mad:

4. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

I'd say a 7mm Rem Mag. with a 175 grain pill ought to do the job just fine. The 7mm's are superbly accurate and are good out to say 800 yards.

5. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

What do you have against huntin dodger

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

6. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

I don't approve of those who feel the need to voice their disapproval of others chosen "legal" sporting activities.:rolleyes:

Tack

7. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Sounds like an excellent excuse to justify one of Marlins excellent lever guns in .45/70:)

For big critters up close, it don't get much better.

Tack

8. DodgerBlue

DodgerBlue New Member

Tack, a moose ain't a critter! I say call the hunt off.

"We must love all creatures God made".-The Ancient Mariner

9. jeepejeep

jeepejeep New Member

Get yourself a 450 Bushmaster and it'll be BANK/PLOP! Lots of delicious moose meat right there!

10. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Well-Known Member

I don't approve of people owning guns that don't like to hunt.:p

11. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

Agreed. Guns and hunting go hand in hand. OP, any .308 will do.

12. Beamer

Beamer New Member

A tree hugging Liberal hippie gun owner. That is new. Anyway, I always liked the .300 Win Mag cartridge for games that size. Nice flat shooting round with plenty of stopping power. Please use the animal after, don't just kill it. Moose meat can be very delicious, an healthy too.

13. M1911VS44

M1911VS44 New Member

Thank to all!Now I can take care of that stupid moose.

14. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Dodger

Despite what you watch on the Disney Channel, a moose is most definitely a critter. In some parts of this country it's a NUESANCE CRITTER.

Any wild animal bold enough to approach a house and tear up property is also bold enough to harm a person. Property damage alone is reason enough to harvest that CRITTER!

Op, please post pics of your "good moose" after you've put it down. Perhaps seeing a real one harvested will convince our friend BD that they don't talk, don't drink lemonaid, and can't ice skate with their pall Mickey Mouse.:rolleyes:

But for gods sake, DON'T post any photos of an "occupied mouse trap"! That could send good old DB right off his med's!

Tack

15. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

Don't know what state you are in, but it's not the same as hunting deer. And shooting it because it bumps a satellite? Why not put a small fence around it?
    From what I'm seeing online, there's no guarantee you'd even get a permit to hunt it, since several states have it on a lottery system.
    So the 'no problem' comment causes concern.
    It's a moose. It's not an electrical engineer. Put a few sections of privacy fence around the satellite dish, the moose won't mess with it.

16. DodgerBlue

DodgerBlue New Member

You crazy azz redneck! :D

17. Ranger-6

Ranger-6 New Member

It all depends on who you're hunt'n...

18. Buckethead47

Buckethead47 New Member

I disapprove against your disapproval of dodger disapproving of hunting. Lol

Really, if he shoots to have fun so be it. My friends owns 4 guns and will not hunt. he can't even pull the trigger on bambi, He tried. Everyone has an opinion, you can chose to listen our to ignore it. Unfortunately some people get paid to make their opinions law....

19. jeepejeep

jeepejeep New Member

Yeah, that!

20. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Well-Known Member

Buckethead,I was being sarcastic.I don't guess you noticed the smiley face with it's tongue sticking out.
    If Dodgerblue doesn't care for hunting,that's his choice and right.
    While I don't agree with his choice,I do respect it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.