Looking for a 22LR Revolver...

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Steve-M, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Steve-M

Steve-M New Member

To help develop my shooting skills, I am looking for a reasonably priced (preferably under $500) double action 22LR revolver. Outside of Taurus, the only ones I really see are out of my price bracket. I was just wondering if any other makers had something I could look at, and how the product would be rated qualitatively. Thanks guys.

2. ScottG

ScottG New Member

Why does it have to be double action? If it's just practicing hitting the target, a single action can do the job. You should be able to get a used Ruger Single Six for under $500. Or a Heritage Rough Rider for under $200

Check out used ones at a local gunshop or show. There should be something out there in your price range in a DA.

3. Steve-M

Steve-M New Member

Ideally a double action would help me practice trigger control. Basically I want an analogue for my Rossi 971 that is cheap to shoot.

4. Bigcat_hunter

Bigcat_hunter New Member

I have a new in the box Taurus 970 revolver for sale for $329.00. If your interested visit this link; www.rimrockfirearms.com

5. freefall

freefall New Member

6. Clem

Clem Member

The logical analog for a 4" .357 is a 4" .22. The only current production gun that in my mind qualifies is the 4" S&W 617. Looking up the Rossi 971, it weighs 40 oz. with a 4" barrel. The 4" 617 weighs about 41 oz.

I have heard too many stories about inconsistent QA about Taurus products to be interested in one myself.

7. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Smith and wesson has the Model 17 and the 617 revolvers. I have a m17 K-22 masterpiece with an 8" barrel and a wide trigger an hammer. It shot just as good as many rifles out there if not a little better.

Taurus had that problem year ago in the begining but I think they really worked past it. You may have to tighten grip screws because they come from Brizal and have higher humidity that many places here.