Looking for a .22 pistol for my wife

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by XsV, Mar 12, 2013.

1. XsV

XsV New Member

I was going to get her a black and pink mesquito but then I saw way to many negative reviews. What would you guys suggest? I'll just dip it pink if it doesn't come that way. :D

I don't like Bersa, Taurus, Hi-Point, and Kahr. Don't care if it's poly or metal. Don't even try and talk me into a .380 :rolleyes:, she likes the .22 best.

2. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

take her with you. let her hold a lot and pick her own. then you can buy it for her. there are so many great choices in .22's that we cant really say oh go buy this she'll like it. she has to pick out the size, color shape, and action. so take her along and get her hands on as many different models as you can. my wife liked the ruger SR22. i do too but i think i would rather have a browning or ruger mk 3. soo go have some shopping time

3. txpossum

txpossum New Member

If carry/concealment isn't an issue, you can't go wrong with a Ruger MK I, II, or III; if a revolver is acceptable, the Ruger Single Six.

4. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Look at the Smith and Wesson 22 Kit gun. A very nice little J frame revolver. The Ruger SR22 is another option.

Or, if you are willing to spend a little more, Walther has just reintroduced the PPK/S in .22 LR.

5. XsV

XsV New Member

Let me see if I can help narrow it down a bit. Let's go, semi-auto and small to medium size (she has little hands).

6. vance

vance New Member

Walther p22's shoot like sex...
    interchangeable back strap, mag release is badass.

Had the pleasure of shooting a suppressed p22 a month ago and felt like James Bond. I want one...

7. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Walther has reintroduced the PPK/s in .22lr.

I have an older one, and it shoots great.

8. xtommygunx

xtommygunx New Member

I bought the walther p22 a couple months ago and I love it! The only problem I have encountered is the 22lr bullets that aren't coated don't feed. But like I said I love it!

9. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

If it's for target shooting then something like a Ruger MK 1-2-3-22/45
    Browning Buckmark is a good one too.
    Sometihng toi carry around maybe the Walther PPK/s or P22

10. molonlabexx

molonlabexx New Member

Ruger SR22 is a good choice! .22 LR and fun to plink with and if you get those CCI rounds, and a good grouping, you can use it for defense. Beat a baseball bat. Good luck fining ammo though!

11. JosephMD

JosephMD New Member

My wife is looking at the Ruger 22/45, she seems to like that one the best.

J

12. nixfix

nixfix New Member

Walther P22, my wife loves hers. It's reliable and inexpensive.

13. JonM

JonM Moderator

one of the new colors for the ruger sr22

[​IMG]

14. NC1760

NC1760 New Member

one of the new colors for the ruger sr22

DUDE !!!!... That is sooooo :cool:

15. JonM

JonM Moderator

they will do more colors over time. ruger has said as much on press releases

16. Jericho1911u22

Jericho1911u22 New Member

I don't see the Beretta u22 neos in the list. If you want something cheap. I like mine.

17. 4sig

4sig New Member

I love my mosquito. Did have some issues and sent it back to sig and now maybe one failure every 200 rounds of CCI mini mags. Also look at the 1911s in .22. Sig, GSG and others make them

18. gr8oldguy

gr8oldguy New Member

This sounds like a fun gun and something to take to the range. If that's the case, get her a nice sa cowboy action gun in 22lr. They are fun to shoot and tend to be very accurate. The ruger bearcat is a beautiful little revolver that's a good shooter. I'm not sure what you're wanting. Good luck in your search, you only have about 10 million nice guns to choose from.