Looking for a 10mm Carbine

Discussion in 'Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion' started by Jagermeister, May 7, 2013.

1. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

Anyone aware of a dedicated 10mm Carbine. Not talking about a pistol conversion. Something like a Baretta Storm. Are any companies talking about one? I would be interested in one for sure.

2. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Can you get a HK MP5/10 there? Or a 10mm upper for your AR?

3. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

4. trip286

trip286 New Member

I've been looking for a .45 Carbine that takes 1911 mags too. Good luck man.
    The only one I've seen so far that I'm interested in is the Marlin Camp Carbines. But for that much money, I'll keep saving for my M1A.

Last edited: May 7, 2013
  5. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

I'm not aware of any. The CX-4 would be bad-assed in 10mm. You could have a word with a gunsmith to see if a conversion from .40 is safe/feasible.

6. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Are you unable to import an upper?

7. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

That is correct. The USA companies are not exporting outside the country right now. Colt is not even answering the LGS emails. The rest are saying no. Many do not even sell guns and parts outside the USA. Springfield Arms said no when I inquired about an XD a year ago. This is odd since the factory is in Croatia. This is why I bought a German AR. No regrets though, other then a smaller bank account. I am very happy with my Hera Arms.

8. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

Thank you for the research. The Bazooka Brothers offers 45acp, 7.62X25, 10mm, 45win Mag and 460Rowland uppers. Sweet. I can try to have the LGS contact these people, but normally we can only buy a whole rifle over here. I might have to get permission from German government once again like with my AR. I pulled a miracle with the AR, let's see if lighting strikes twice. Once again, thank you.

9. orangello

orangello New Member

Remember to test it on the best target ever, a bear.
    ;)

10. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

I guess I can sneak into the zoo-JK. Oh, we do have brown bears in Bavaria, but they normally are crossing the Alps and took a wrong turn somewhere. Austria does have brown bears.

11. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

The 10MM has fallen on hard times.

Since the ammo factories load it down almost to .40SW levels, lotsa folks who don't hand load have lost interest.

And that's a shame. Loaded up to the "old" full power Norma loads, it was a great cartridge.

Give me an "honest" 1500 FPS, with a 155 grain bullet from a 4 inch pistol, and I'd buy both a newer pistol and carbine tomorrow.

Trouble is, my EAA Witness and my Glock 20 probably wouldn't handle that power level! and a 1911 platform would blow up from it.

12. AR10

AR10 New Member

I saved the midway link, thanks. I have an Olympic AR that would love having this as an accessory.

My Glock 20 would love a rifle as a sidekick.

13. orangello

orangello New Member

I later saw a different 10mm carbine that used Glock 20 mags. I'll see if I can find a link...

http://thureondefense.com/content/thureon-defense-ga-carbine-0
    I don't know much about it.

Last edited: May 8, 2013
  14. kbd512

kbd512 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Buffalo Bore still manufactures real 10MM cartridges.

15. kbd512

kbd512 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Jager,

Apart from the cool factor, why do you want a 10MM carbine when you have an AR? At the distances that you would conceivably shoot someone with a 10MM, 556 is gonna have more oomph.

Also, if you want a pistol caliber carbine, can you get your hands on a Ruger 44 Magnum carbine?

I would think the 44 Magnum cartridge and the Ruger carbines would be more kosher with German laws regarding the "sporting purpose" of a cartridge and firearm combination than a 10MM MP5 type carbine would be. It's obviously going to have more power than the weak factory loads that most manufacturers produce. If it were me, I would stick with the AR, but I would look into a Ruger carbine. It's an older weapon, but it was fairly popular, so you should still be able to get magazines and parts for it.

16. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

I would only buy it for the range. You cannot hunt with pistol ammunition in Germany. I going to hold off on another gun anyways. I am looking to buy a leupold or Zeiss for my AR now for hunting. I was now looking at an HK .45 carbine that looks real nice. I will look at this in a couple of years though. Right now the scope is the priority. .45 is easier to find then 10mm, and way cheaper. Did you know that .357 sig has not even reached Germany yet? I could order a Glock in .357 from Austria if I wanted to, but no ammo to shoot it. Ironic.

17. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

Oh, I'm sure if someone wanted some, a way could be found to get some shipped in. I suspect that so far, no one in Germany see's the need for it either. Germans do have a reputation for being practical after all.

18. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

That is true. Plus, they will let you know when are are not being practical. Sometimes quite rudely.:D

19. bfoosh006

bfoosh006 Member