Looking for 9mm lower

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by JW357, Apr 13, 2013.

1. JW357

JW357 New Member

Hey guys,

This is my first post on these forums, so, hi!

Ok now that that's outta the way. My wife and I might be interested in getting a lower chambered in 9mm para sometime in the future, and finishing the build over time. I don't know a whole lot about 9mm lowers though. Any general advice or things to think about? Acceptable price ranges for decent quality? Brands to think about or stay away from?

Any thoughts or advice is appreciated.

Thanks much.

2. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Lower is less specific. You can use a standard upper and a mag adapter block. Hahn makes a couple varieties that will convert the lower to take Colt 9mm mags or converted Uzi mags. You will want a DPMS type hammer that doesnt have any steps on the face to prevent hanging up on the 9mm type bolt/carrier. A 9mm weight carbine buffer finishes out your 9 mm specific parts in the lower if you go with a carbine stock and buffer tube instead of fixed stock. The rifle buffer is about the same weight if you went rifle stock.

The rest is in the upper.

3. JW357

JW357 New Member

Definitely good info. Thanks for the help.

4. JonM

JonM Moderator

I would look at rra stuff they make pretty good conversions or dedicated lowers eitherway.

5. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I agree with the above. My 9mm AR is roll marked 5.56. High standard out of Houston. Standard lower, 6 oz buffer, Sprinco "red" spring and buffer tube spacer.

6. 1911love

1911love New Member

Do any top tier manufacturers make a 9mm lower that takes G18 mags? I have so many of them and this would be a cool thing to build.

7. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

I think Olympic is the only mfg that made a lower that took G17/18 mags. Don't think they sold them as just lowers either. Not exact what I would categorize as top tier.

8. hoovco

hoovco New Member

Lone wolf makes a glock mag AR.

9. 1911love

1911love New Member

Would Lone Wolf be considered top tier?