Firearms Talk banner

Looking for .45acp, .380acp, 9mm - in Iowa

4K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Charizarity 
#1 ·
Is there anyone familiar with the Des Moines, IA area shops, gun shows (can you find good deals on ammo at shows?), possible website retailers that ship here - that can tell me the best and most affordable places to buy the ammo I'm looking for?

I'm new to firearms and still getting used to the high prices of ammo.

Thanks for any help!

#2 ·
I was up to Scheel's in Iowa City yesterday
and they had all three calibers you are looking for. I live in Lone Tree.
I bought some bullets and powder to do my reloading. The only thing
they didn't have was 22 long rifle. You can get good deals at the gun show in Cedar Rapids if the vendor can get the items from there supplier.

Good Luck,

Joe

#5 ·
ammo

You should give reloading a try.
It's a lot cheaper and you will be shooting more and saving money. Plus you'll be shooting what you want. It is a nice hobby to be reloading during the winter when its too nasty to be outside. I reload over 4,000 rds during the winter months. In the spring I go to Wyoming to shoot prairie dogs. During the summer I shoot competition.

Shoot Straight,

Winmaster

#6 ·
http://www.freedommunitions.com/In-Stock-Now-s/53970.htm . They have it all, FYI my buddy and myself have bought ammo from them and it's good ammo, and their prices are great. But the one thing is that unless you buy in bulk their shipping is rather high, like if you buy 50 rounds shipping is about $15, not worth the trouble but if you buy 500 rounds it's only about $20 shipping.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.