Looking at buying a commander

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by jake1, Apr 24, 2014.

1. jake1

jake1 New Member

Looking into buying a commander size 1911. I have a full size American classic ii which I love. I am torn between another metro arms or the ruger sr1911. I hear fantastic things about the ruger and they are both about the same price. Looking for suggestions. Thanks everyone

2. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

I would lean towards the Ruger if I were trying to decide between two.

3. ParhfinderAFW

ParhfinderAFW New Member

another for the ruger

Sent from my iPod touch using Firearms Talk

4. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

the Ruger is nice, but the AC Commander is one solid value. when shopping for my first Commander a couple of years ago, i ordered the MetroArms Commander. it's been one solid and reliable performer.

if you can budget the Ruger get it. if your budget is a bit tighter, get the MetroArms AC.

5. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Git the Clapp

I'm luvin' mine :D

Attached Files:

6. jake1

jake1 New Member

From what I've seen the ac commander chrome and the ruger are almost the same price now. The ac had come up in price in the last couple years

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  7. Eagle1803

Eagle1803 New Member

Gator, that my man is a fine looking pistol

8. Argyle_Armoring

Argyle_Armoring New Member

Get the Ruger. I have them available. ;-)

9. Axxe55

i paid less than $600 for mine a couple of years ago, NIB. mine was the hard chromed finished version..

10. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSZv9vOmkgQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSZv9vOmkgQ[/ame]

A little too much bling for me.

11. Axxe55

Attached Files:

12. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I have the Ruger. Mine is a Commander length. It is a well built gun. I also have a Citidel which is similar to the RIA. The Ruger is much higher quality. I would buy it again without a doubt.

13. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

I shot a Ruger 1911 for the first time today! It is a fine 1911 but as most all factory produced 1911 pistol factory box guns, could us a little trigger work in my opinion. But a real nice pistol and overall quality was impressive!
    Surely not a Rock River Arms Inc past custom pistol, or Les Baer, but great out of the box factory pistol! I would recommend one if you are looking for a fair priced 1911 and good quality.

14. jake1

jake1 New Member

Yeah I know. 3 years ago I paid $500 for my AC II and now they are over $600. Not even the HC just blued

15. jake1

jake1 New Member

A ton of good input. Thanks everyone