Looking at a Pocket 9

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by Shihan, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

I am thinking of getting a pocket 9mm.
    Was looking at this XR9-S.

Anyone know anything about them?
    Looks nice.

Attached Files:

2. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Looks to me like a jam fest or potential finger tip remover, that forward trigger placement just begs for wrapping a finger around the muzzle if you draw and shoot in a hurry. just my .02...

And what's that trap door that drops prior to firing...how is that activated? Is that the hammer?

P.S. looks a lot like a Raven .25 ACP I had 30 years ago...bore axis is higher though.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 4, 2011

3. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

Looks interesting. I wonder how much they are and how good the feeding mechanism works? I wish I had the money to replace my Rohrbaugh 9s I used to have.

4. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TSva89jbNM"]YouTube - ‪Boberg XR9 Extended‬‏[/ame]

5. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Supposedly in the Mid 800's. Might just get an LC9.

6. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I initially thought you were talking about a Colt Pocket Nine.

7. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

That or a Kahr PM9. I'm going to take it a step further and have more power in the same size pistol & get a Kahr PM40.

8. Wambli

Wambli Member

Interesting design and while I'm a pretty adventurous guys (I bought my PPS the day the first one hit my local gun store) New companies with brand new disigns, specially when they are complicated and revolutionary, I need to have other folks test them out for a while before I will take the plunge.

Good luck and I would love a range report if you get one. Oh and I HIGHLY recommend the Walther PPS as a pocket 9mm!

9. PX15

PX15 New Member

FWIW:

The Boberg XR9-S IS in production, and pistols are being shipped.. At present I believe production is only 70-80 per. month, but the numbers are expected to increase pretty quickly.

Gun magazine reviews are expected during the Christmas holiday season.

Boberg Arms if you have any interest.:)

Jesse

10. Werminator

Werminator Member

Not my cup of tea.. I am afraid I prefer the barrel to extend further in front of the grip instead of balancing fore and aft directly above it. I feel it helps me with a natural pointing sensation. I am looking very hard at the Ruger LC9... Guns and Ammo did an article on 5 popular pocket 9s and after reading it I am leaning toward the LC9 and the PM9...

11. PX15

PX15 New Member

Werm:

FWIW I have a Ruger LC9 and it is a VERY good sub-compact 9MM pistol. I like my LC9 so well it's sent my (also very good) HK P2000sk to the gun safe..

I would recommend the LC9 in a heartbeat.:)

Best Wishes,

Jesse

12. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I really like my LC9 , I have ran over 500 + of all kinds of ammo thru it and its jam free, very accurate at 7 yards . It says no +P ammo but I know there are plenty of guys running it thru there gun without issues , I find the Standard 9mm luger FMJs work just fine ,
    Great gun for the $$$ , I happened to pick mine up on sale for just a tad over $300