looking a drum mag.......

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by GunRunner, Jan 20, 2012.

1. GunRunner

GunRunner New Member

Like the post says, I'm looking for a drum mag for a 1911. I live in Va so if anyone can help out please do

2. trip286

trip286 New Member

Never heard of one. Then again I'd never heard out a 20 round mag for one either until I came across one on the web. Wish I had a link for you.

3. jordan89

jordan89 New Member

4. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

1st question - Why? 2nd question - what does where you live have to do with it? :confused:

By your post you imply that you own or have access to a 1911, ergo you should already have been aware of it's round capacity. If you want/wanted a hi cap pistol why didn't you look into a 9mm? :confused: :cool:

5. MrWray

MrWray New Member

1911s arent made for that Sh!t man! I wouldnt even want to picture that in my head, its making me dry heeve!

6. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

They are around...sportsman's guide has that kinda stuff.

Gonna be a bitch to carry! :D

7. Ruzai

Ruzai New Member

You're lucky if you get a 15 rounder to work in a 1911. 10 rounds is about all you can get without sacrificing reliability. Pro-Mag makes a drum mag, but to be honest I wouldnt trust it even for a range toy because all the Pro-Mag stuff I've used isnt worth the material it's made out of.
    My suggestions is invest in 10 rounders from Chip or someone else reputable.

8. GunRunner

GunRunner New Member

Well from what I understand, pro mag makes or made them but they have been discontinued

I want one because I do. Lol. not to carry but basically see what went wrong with them because everything I've read about them has been bad so basically I was looking to reverse engineer it.

I had a few 9's, 40's and ect ect ect, why you think this is my only pistol I'm not sure but hey continue giving unless advise. I have several magazines from Wilson combats to Kimber's I just want one of these.

Who in there right mind would carry a drum in there pistol except for bad intentions as a normal set up?

I knew how many rounds it carried when I bought, I actually like it that way, it make me a better shot knowing I may need to make every shot count and not keep 9mm plinking until I get lucky.

Lastly I said I live in Va in case someone maybe local and has one or knows someone with one who might want to part with it.

Thanks everyone for tips to help me find one.

9. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

I mentioned the "carry" as a joke, man. Hence the "big, grinnin' smiley face". :D

10. GunRunner

GunRunner New Member

I was reading this on my phone so missed it......... No harm no foul

11. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

Yep...it's all good.. :)

12. jordan89

jordan89 New Member

Did you see the link I posted? It was a link to order a promag drum. If they were discontinued midway must still have some in stock.

13. canebrake

canebrake New Member

[​IMG]

Please don't disgrace a 1911 with a drum mag.

14. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Thank you, i knew that you would feel a tilt in the force

15. GunRunner

GunRunner New Member

Thanks Jordan89, I saw that link before but when you click on it to order it says it has been discontinued.

What is everyone's distain for this drum? It my Kimber and I can put what crap I want in it.........lol.

But really I just want it because it will be a great conversation piece or if I need it when the Zombie apocalypse arrives, then 8 shots might not be enough to kill 30 zombies......

16. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

ZZZZZZZZZZZ
    Wat Canebrake said :(

17. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

You DO understand that you're talking about the firearms equivalent of say...the "back street boys" doing a remake of "sweet home Alabama"?

That's the main reason for the pushback. :D

It ain't nothin' personal. :D

(in case you're still using your phone...TWO big smileys used)

18. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Nope not personal, just a 1911 thang..

19. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Thats just funny :p

20. GunRunner

GunRunner New Member

Not a fan of BSB group and only those who dont appreciate quality can hate a 1911. Capacity is only important when you can't do it in one shot. Yes still on the phone........Big ole smiley face. :)