lookin to get a glock need advice thanks

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by 10millyMan, Mar 22, 2011.

1. 10millyMan

10millyMan New Member

hello to all im lookin to get my first glock and ive fallen in love with the glock 20 20sf lookin for some pros & cons new to the site an lookin for advice thanks guys

2. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

I do not know about the Model 20. But I have a Model 22 as well as a Model 27 in 40 S&W Cal. I they are fine weapons. And the 27 I carry every where as my concealed carry.
    10mm Short if you will!

3. General_lee

General_lee New Member

I don't have experience with that particular model or caliber, but I can tell you that glocks are tough, reliable guns.
    The cons are the grip angle is different than most other pistols (some can get used to it, some can't) and the only external safety is on the trigger.

4. utf59

utf59 New Member

Love my Glocks. The closest thing I have to what you're looking at is a Glock 30 (subcompact .45). It's very accurate for a small gun.

Rent one and shoot it if you can. If you can't find a rental in 10mm, shoot either the full-size .45 or .40. The .45 also has a SF version, so that would give you the closest hand fit to the 10mm, even though the recoil will be different.

Some people are indeed bothered by the grip angle. Some people actually prefer the Glock's grip angle over other pistols' grip angles. Personally, until I read someone's complaint about the grip angle, I hadn't even realized they were different.

As for the lack of an external safety, I personally consider that a plus, rather than a minus. That's a personal choice, of course; everyone should do whatever they find comforting. I consider my holster to be the external safety. That, and my brain.

Welcome to the dark side!

5. StanDJ77

StanDJ77 New Member

You wont be disapointed

I dont know about the 20 but i own a 23 and, i love it:D. This is my second firearm ever so the grip angle is not a problem for me. I dont have any negatives but if i had to pick one it would be the safety factor, or the lack thereof.

6. 10millyMan

10millyMan New Member

thanks for the replies i really appreciate it and ive been to the gunshop a million times and i really like the grips for the glocks and i think id prefer the safety be my finger in a time of extreme pressure suck to have the safe on

7. Kay9Cop

Kay9Cop New Member

I carry a 21SF at work. I really like the SF smaller grip; it's more contoured than the regular 20 or 21, which feel like a big brick in my hand. I wear gloves at work a lot and the smaller diameter grip helps keep a good hold on it.

8. Bighead

Bighead New Member

The Glock 20 is the full size 10mm, built on the same frame as the .45 ACP Glock 21. If you simply like the size of the gun, you might consider the 21 or 21SF since ammo will be more readily available and perhaps slightly more affordable.

The 10mm Glock 20 is also an excellent choice, and IMHO one of the best 10mm pistols on the market. For simplified explanation, imagine 10mm as ".40 caliber magnum" and you'll be in the ballpark.

Along with others here, my preference is towards the slightly reduced SF frame over the standard frame.

Enjoy whichever model you decide upon, and let us know what you think.

9. GLOCK21SF

GLOCK21SF New Member

glock 20 or glock 20sf tha daddy of tha big canons . this haz got 2 be 1 of the top big bore guns out period . you`ll be surprised on the recoil of the 10mm . kinda feels like the .45 to me .:eek::eek::eek: i`m actually pickin 1 up in the begining of the month . a glock20sf plzzzz . try renting a g20 or 20sf . you will love it . i started off with the g23 . then after firing a g30sf had to get 1 . then moved up to the 21sf . now i want the 20sf :D

10. 10millyMan

10millyMan New Member

glock21

so the recoil is heavy duty then u are sayin i really like that piece and i think i just might rent it to make sure that it isnt goin to be to much for me to handle but thankyou for the feedback

11. zebramochaman

zebramochaman New Member

My next Glock will be a 10mm. I currently own a G-32 that I shoot 9mm, 357 SIG and 40 S&W out of. I also have a G-21 (45ACP).
    Although G-21 is a fun accurate shooter, I prefer the compact size of the G-32. It just fits my hand better.

12. Robertlamont80

Robertlamont80 New Member

I don't have any experience with the 20, but i have been very happy with my 19. I have always owned Sigs, Beretta's or 1911's. I was looking for some thing smaller for summer carry and decided to give Glock a chance because of the length of barrel and sight radius length was much longer than most autos that came with larger outer dimensions. I feared a 5.5lbs. trigger because most of my training has been with a 3lb 1911 trigger. After a couple of mags through the Glock, I became quickly acquainted with the trigger. As far as I am concerned, you can't beat the unbelievable performance for your money.