Lookin at semi-auto 9mm rifles

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by keas3, Dec 6, 2012.

1. keas3

keas3 New Member

Looking for a semi-auto 9mm rifle but can't figure out which one is good for price and reliability! Been told the hi point is good and the kel tec ? Any recommendations??

2. downsouth

downsouth New Member

I've had the hi point carbine for about five years, 0 problems just wish there was a larger mag than 10

3. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

I have a Hi Point 9mm carbine. It has served me well and I would recommend a Hi Point to anyone.

4. VikingGuy

VikingGuy New Member

I also have a Hi-Point 9MM carbine..I really like it, and would recommend it to anyone looking for a carbine.

5. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Why a 9mm rifle? What do you want to do with it? What do you want it to be able to do.

6. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I have a High Standard 9mm AR-15. Handy, accurate, up to 40 round capacity (100 with a Beta C-mag). I can convert (and have plans to) to 5.56 with a different upper. A bit pricier than the High Point, but a MUCH more precise and versitile arm.

7. john_t_714

john_t_714 New Member

Ruger PC9...it goes great with my Ruger P89. The PC9 is a rifle, the P89 is a semi-auto handgun. Both use the same magazine.

8. trip286

trip286 New Member

Slightly off topic...
    Are the AO Tompsons any good? Would be an awesome match up for my 1911.

9. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I have not heard anything about the new 1927 Thompsons. I do know that sicne Kahr bought them, I do not really have much of a desire to do business with them. Check out the owner.

Look for a Marlin Camp 45. It even uses 1911 mags. Not many folks want to part with them and Marlin no longer makes them.

10. rjgnwdc

rjgnwdc New Member Supporter

I am wondering why 9mm are you thinking plicker or HD or you just want a 9mm to go with your pistol

11. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

I have a Sterling, with 34 round mag that goes into the side, not the bottom. Allows you to really get down into the grass when in a prone position.

IMHO, about the best ergos available. Reliable and accurate.

12. jismail

jismail Member

Excellant choice! Can be tough to find now-a-days but worth it. Built like a tank and accurate at 100yds. Added barrel length really adds some zip to the 9mm round and it is cheap to shoot. Also, as a SHTF choice, it uses the same ammo as my M9 Beretta so that is a plus too!

here is mine:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. therewolf

therewolf New Member

I love my Hi-Point 995TS.

A great basic package, which comes with a sling,

iron sights, take-down tool, built-in rails, and the

"FOREVER, WHATEVER-WARRANTY"-which Hi-Point cheerfully and

promptly honors.

Now, you can get 15 round mags.

Round commonality with your favorite

pistol is nice, and the longer barrel adds some extra

muzzle velocity to the pistol round...;)

14. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Agree- one of those "why didn't i keep it" guns i had :(

15. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

If you would be looking for an AR-15 type rifle? I would suggest taking a look at the Rock River Arms 9mm A-4. Depends on what you want to spend and the weapon system you like. But they are fine carbines!:)

16. CrazedJava

CrazedJava New Member

Stinks that there wasn't much of a market for those. I was thinking of eventually getting a pistol caliber carbine and the Ruger could have swapped mags with my P89.

17. gulfdaddy

gulfdaddy New Member

Suggest you check out the Beretta Forum and read up on the PC4 Storm. It comes in 9mm, .40 cal.& .45acp. Great weapon and the mags cross over to the
    PX4 pistols and 92 models. Currently about $800 and there lots of after market gadgets available if that is your bag. Gary

18. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

[/B]

I think there would have been a tremendous market for them if that old "anti black gun" jackass Bill Ruger would have allowed his company to supply 30 round mags for them