Lookin at gettin a 1911

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by Engine5truck, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Engine5truck

Engine5truck New Member

Hats a good average price for a 1911? I'm looking at something full size with a rail but a rail
    Is not that big of a deal. What the price ranges/ manufactures?

2. Engine5truck

Engine5truck New Member

What's a good average price*

3. ar10-nut

ar10-nut New Member

Asking that question is like asking "I am going to buy a car." I would like back doors, but not a biggie if it doesn't have back doors... Can you tell me what a good price is for that?

Not trying to cynical, just realistic.

4. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

it really depends on your budget for buying one. less than $500 or more than $1500. lots of differences in features and quality in comparison to price. what is your intended use of the pistol? CCW, target shooting, HD, casual shooting/plinking. as this will be a big factor in which one to choose.

read over the sticky Canebrake wrote on choosing a first 1911. lots of good information and will help us help you make an informed decision on your first one.

5. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Price ranges I know of are $400-$4000. There is a great write up just can't remember the link... Comes down to your budget and what you really want. As stated above about the cars and doors...

6. getem2011

getem2011 New Member

It's hard to answer your question flat out because there are so many variables.The price will depend on what features you would like and quality of build. Springfield has nicely priced 1911s but so does sig and colt if you shop around. IMO, don't just settle. If You know what you want get that and shell out the extra cash otherwise you will end up unhappy with your purchase.

7. Engine5truck

Engine5truck New Member

I was looking at something in the 500-700 range. I wanna go with the 5 inch barrel other then that that's about all in lookin for

8. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

SA Mil-Spec, RIA Government, Metroarms American Classic, High Standard, possible if some one is willing to deal, a Remington R-1. the one i looked at a couple of weeks ago at my dealer was $760 NIB.

9. ar10-nut

ar10-nut New Member

One of the surprising finds was the Rock Island I shot a couple of weeks ago. Once you get past the ugly stock grips that you will change anyway, this 1911 shot smooth, reliably and pretty damn accurate.

This will definitely be in your price range new, with a little left over to change the grips and some of that .45's to practice with.

10. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Very true ;)
    Don't let homely grip panels & kind of crapy parkerized finish put you off a helluva buy- Those little things can be changed & rubbed out :cool:

[​IMG]

11. MrWray

MrWray New Member

In your price range, the RIA or the High Standard 1911 would be perfect. I have the High Standard and its been 100%, best $500 ive ever spent

12. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Here are two High Standard 1911A1s, mine is on the left, the other is a friend of mines. Well within your budget

ForumRunner_20120404_163707.jpg

13. ellwood45c

ellwood45c New Member

I'm a 1911 lover i own 5 now, and building a 6th. I have a colt, springfield,sig scorpion,RIA,an most recently a citadel. Love them all have had no trouble with any of them. They have there own little quirks about them but i have no problems with any. I like the 1911's because you can do anything with them. I have owned several others and regret getting rid of some of them. Try the RIA or the citadel both under 500 and then upgrade several times, thats what id do lol .

Sent from my iPhone using FirearmsTalk