Look what I got today!!!

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by mach1337, Aug 22, 2010.

1. mach1337

mach1337 New Member

First time posting pics hope they load. But i just got these today after my 10 day wait peroid.
    I had never heard of the company that made them JD machine here in SD. But they are cnc'd and look/felt no different the the RRA or Colts that they had at the store. let me know what you all think.

Attached Files:

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Congratulations! I'm not an AR guy, so I can't help as far as quality, but all things being equal, they'll probably work quite well for you.

3. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

They look good. Small pin configuration, so that is really best for finding parts. I think you will be very happy with them when you get them built.

If you need help, just throw up a thread flag and several guys will jump in to help you spend some money. :D

JD

4. jetspeed8

jetspeed8 New Member

Looks real nice. I bet you'll have fun putting that together. I am gathering all the necessary "parts" for my build as well.

Good Luck.. :)

5. mach1337

mach1337 New Member

thanks guys just about to order my lower parts kit. found a RRA lower parts kit with the 2 stage trigger for $140. Defiantly goin with that one. then the stock and grip. next pay check and hopefully ill have the money for my upper buy nov/dec if im lucky if not then when i get my taxes i will finish it.

6. murraywc

murraywc New Member

What was the price on it? I'm thinking about starting one after I sell a few other guns off.

7. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

mach - Depending on what you are building, you might not get the best performance out of the two stage. For example, a 16", collapsible stock made for across the street and room clearing probably won't give you a great benefit from the RRA two stage.

Now, if you are building an 18" or 20" varmint style, that will benefit greatly from a nice two stage trigger.

Just something to consider as you spend money on parts.

JD

8. mach1337

mach1337 New Member

I got both of them for 200. they are havin a sale 1 is $130 or 2 @ 89 each.

and thats good to know jd i could use the extra money for other stuff. Im goin for a rock solid rifle. Want it to last as long as possible and be EXTREMELY dependable. i will be used for shots mainly under 100yards. but would still like to be able to reach out to 150 if needed. any suggestions?

Last edited: Aug 22, 2010
  9. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

10. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

You should have gotten one of them in .308 ;)

Nice score by the way, 2 lowers for $200 - very nice. Let us know how things go, I've been eying their billet .308 set recently.

Good luck

11. mach1337

mach1337 New Member

Never even thought about that. but i want a M1a or socom for my 7.62 chambered rifle. and you've heard of JD machine? I have talked to a few people that know of them and apparently the guy that owns JD machine is the brother of the guy that ownes kaiser weapons. so I assume he know what hes doin. story is that he split off from from him to start his own place and this is the result.

12. peabody

peabody New Member

oh yes !!! i have a few of bill's triggers... in a word...''AWSOME''

peabody

13. mach1337

mach1337 New Member

well guys i got my lower parts kit today! took me about 20-30 mins to put it together. soon as i get a stock and finish it i will post some pics up. and throwin a plug out for vtsupply.com i ordered it on monday and got it on friday standard shipping! amazing!