Firearms Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Marlin Revelation 120. It dates to Sept of 1965. I am looking forward to getting this baby all fixed up....Pawn shop find.
IMG_0751.jpg

IMG_0750.jpg

IMG_0749.jpg

IMG_0748.jpg

IMG_0747.jpg

It is rough now... but it will look better than new when I am done with it.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
I've got a Revelation .243, believe it was made by Mossberg. Bought it back in the early 70's and not a bad gun at all.
Good luck with the refinish.

·
Banned
2,193 Posts
Marlin Revelation 120. It dates to Sept of 1965. I am looking forward to getting this baby all fixed up....Pawn shop find.

It is rough now... but it will look better than new when I am done with it.
Fun project hope u didnt give more than 35$ or so for it tho. Will be cool to fix up.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Western Auto! Cool!

Nice find, Spud! Please post pics when you get 'er done! Thanks!

Cheers!

BB

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Muliemaster... Now now... I paid $40 out the door, along with $40 for an old Winchester in the same condition, $50 for a Savage 187 in close to same condition and $50 for a JC Higgins in really good condition. Not bad for a trip to the pawn shop for a refinisher like myself.

Blackbeard... I will try and keep up on the thread and post pics as I progress. I am finishing a Ruger stock project right now.

IMG_0718.jpg

IMG_0719.jpg

IMG_0724.jpg

IMG_0725.jpg

IMG_0726.jpg

IMG_0727.jpg

IMG_0728.jpg

IMG_0729.jpg

I polished out the rod after I anodized it green. Will probably go with green trigger guard and trigger to match the rod. Not sure what color receiver or barrel yet....

Attachments

·
Registered
223 Posts
Look at what I found...

Good for you ! I have the same model made by Marlin (Model 60).It is my go to .22 rifle & extremely accurate,and will out shoot my dust collecting Rugers.:) Cliff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts