Firearms Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Longview is 50 or 60 miles from my place but I sometimes drive to shoot at a nice indoor range that's located there (Top Shot) - did so today to break in a new Rifle and zero it's Reflex sight

but stopped at the Longview Academy just to see what ammo they had - quite a bit (except for the 2 calibers that I look for - .357mag and 5.7x28 - which they didn't have) noticed that they had WWB 100rd "value" pack for $36 and change - don't know if that's a reasonable deal in this day and age as I've not bought ammo in quite a while - so, just sayin'.....

·
Registered
185 Posts
In the past few months all the ammo I have purchased was from Academy.
Oh man- I can't do indoor ranges- guess I am too crowd-a-phobic o_O

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
at an indoor range the lighting is constant, winds are zero, target goes out and comes back with the touch of a button - at my age I really don't care to fight the elements (now, if someone would open a 100yd indoor range I'd be very happy.....)

different strokes

·
Premium Member
3,283 Posts
at an indoor range the lighting is constant, winds are zero, target goes out and comes back with the touch of a button - at my age I really don't care to fight the elements (now, if someone would open a 100yd indoor range I'd be very happy.....)

different strokes
My Dad has a well off buddy. Sort of the prepper type . Has his own FFL ??? Whatever allows him to manufacture firearms and suppressors.
He has a 100 yard range buried out the backyard. Has a kitchenette with a full on cappuccino, expresso bar type deal right there.
Dad said last time he and a buddy were over there, they were shootin everything you can think of, suppressed while sipping fine coffee and eating homemade cinnamon rolls! LOL! That is the life.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts