Longmire

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by krisko09, Jun 26, 2012.

1. krisko09

krisko09 New Member

so I accidentally saw the first episode of this new series and when it ended immediately DVR'd all new episodes. Does anyone else watch it? I just hope its not like Walking Dead. (I loved the first season, hated the 2nd season).

2. jeepejeep

jeepejeep New Member

I liked it until the chick cop made an anti-gun comment. I forget exactly what she said, but it turned me right off.
    I love The Walking Dead, the drama gets a bit much at times but it's easily over looked.

3. krisko09

krisko09 New Member

Yeah i remember that. I shrugged it off when i saw her dancing on that pole though hahahah

4. Polygon

Polygon New Member

I must have missed that comment. So far, I've enjoyed it.

5. saitek

saitek New Member

man this new show is refreshing in the middel of all the so called reality show's
    i cant wait till the new show come's on ,this is real good old fashend tv !

6. krisko09

krisko09 New Member

That's what i'm sayin'.

7. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

Longmier was written by a Ucross, Wyoming author Gary Johnson. It is about a Sheriff in the mythical Absorka, Co. Wyoming. All the main actors
    are Austrailan and it is filmed near Sante Fe, NM. And no Wyoming Sheriff would wear one of those cheap Bailey Crushable cowboy hats from Walmart.
    And they do not drive 30 year old 4x4s. But yes it is nice to see a modern Gunsmoke.:D

8. krisko09

krisko09 New Member

Sheriff's 'round here drive old 4x4's.... new POS's aren't as reliable.

9. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

I don't know about the rugged deserts and mountains of Central Ill.? But I can tell you this the modern 4X4s are far better than those older rigs. The newer Cummins powered Dodges set the standards when grinding dirt at 8,000'.;)

10. krisko09

krisko09 New Member

You'd be surprised how often a sheriff has to chase a meth head through a corn or bean field. those newer trucks break down and it costs a fortune to fix and takes forever. Those older ones break down and its an easy DIY. Besides, there's not enough money flowing through IL for all of our LEO's to have brand new Chargers and Yukons lol. We're so far in the red it's ridiculous.

11. krisko09

krisko09 New Member

I do, however agree that the Cummins powered Dodges are kickass. Wish i could afford one. I'll hang on to my old '84 Ram Charger and my '00 Dakota until then.

12. Brian P

Brian P New Member

FYI - The "chick cop" is played by an American actress from Portland, Oregon. Her name is Katee Sackhoff. She's better known as, Captain Kara "Starbuck" Thrace form Battlestar Galactica.

13. mudpupp

mudpupp New Member

My uncle was the sheriff for Jackson Hole Wy, for many years back in the 70's & 80's.

I think he actually drove a big Ford Bronco back then. But of course it was new then..

14. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

What was your uncles name. He would have been sheriff of Teton Co. not Jackson. I would have known him.:)

15. wyoprepper

wyoprepper New Member

Its a very good show

16. mudpupp

mudpupp New Member

Steve Rogers

If you know Jackson Hole, you know of him

17. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

There is also a Sgt. Steve Rogers Special Deputy Air Patrol Lincoln Co. Wyoming. There are many Rogers in Western Wyoming.

Attached Files:

18. krisko09

krisko09 New Member

Are you telling me ur related to captain america?!

19. mudpupp

mudpupp New Member

Sherrif Rogers passed away a couple years ago, but to me and many, he will always be bigger than Captain America

Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  20. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Woot Woot

New season starts Monday 5/27.

Just set my DVR to record the season.