Longest Wait

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Okie96, Jan 3, 2015.

1. Okie96

Okie96 New Member

Hey everybody okie here. About 6 months ago I special ordered a S&W model 29. According to the store they don't carry them because S&W doesn't mass produce revolvers anymore . So I figured what the hell, can't take too long, right? How wrong I was. So I thought I post my grief haha and see if anyone else ever had to wait a long while for a special order

Okie

2. grandpubba

grandpubba Member

I had the same issue with that gun, no one had it in stock and couldn't get a date of production of new ones.

I checked gun watcher daily, first one i saw i snapped it up.

3. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

I have had a rifle sitting on the repairman's work bench at Remington for over 1 month. That is after it took 2 weeks to get it to the repairman. With all of the problems Remington had lately it may take a while.

4. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

They most certainly "mass produce" revolvers. The Model 29 is as popular as ever. Supply and demand. They do not make unlimited amounts of them as there are many folks who still are enamored with the beautiful N-frames.

I was in the Bass Pro on US 290 in Houston yesterday and they had three Model 29's in the display case.

5. Eagle1803

Eagle1803 New Member

Wow! I hope you get it soon.

6. jsr5

jsr5 New Member

squeaky wheel gets the grease. I wouldnt holler daily but an occaisional squeak might encourage them to find one for you faster. I'm sure there is one on a shelf somwhere they could dig up if they were motivated.

7. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

Yeah Taurus pulled their 28 gauge revolver so I did`nt get one............Dang it !.............