Firearms Talk banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Banned
11,011 Posts
700 yards on a bedded 5x6 elk. 7mm RUM. 165 gr nosler partition III. Prone off from a fallen aspen in Wyoming. High double lung shot w a spine hold, gun was sighted in 2" high at 100 yards. Had a 5 mph cross wind.

Night stalker we hear all the time how your a competition shooter and big game guide.....how come none of us has heard of you?

· Banned
11,011 Posts
I have never heard of you? Would you like to meet me at the Texas State Shoot. That would be a good place for a meeting?

Arn't you a World Class gun builder? Please PM your shop Info. I am most interested in haveing a Long Range target rifle set up. Thx:)
Ya I build long range guns but I'm picky on who I sell to.....in your case I would be anyways

· Banned
11,011 Posts
Black bear at 290 yards with Colt Sauer 300 weatherby mag. Leupold 3x9 VIII

6X6 Elk at 478 yards with Colt Sauer 300 Weatherby mag. Leupold 3x9 VIII

These are my longest shots. I have taken many deer (mule and whitetail) and other Elk, but under a 100 yards.
Better hope gello doesn't see your rug there;)

· Banned
11,011 Posts
Speakin of running, I had a 73 yr old man stop out here one day an just start talkin like we were long lost pals, in short I offered him a place to hunt antelope due to his limitations, an health that was 4yrs ago an we hunt antalope every yr now together, I watched him this yr make a dead running shot on a buck lope at 140+ yrds, an I mean full out afterburners on run, he raised his old 243 led the buck an wam one of the best single shot kills I have ever watched. There was a dead cottonwood by where the goat was at when he shot an it was 143 yrds. What a shot.
Ya this past year an old man iv met a couple times out in Wyoming shot one running at 275 w his 1963 model 70 270 win. It was a hell of a shot.....then again its that one gun man thing. Iv seen him kill 15 goats and call EVERY shot except that one. He broke its front shoulder and said he was trying to hit its neck. I still was impressed

· Banned
11,011 Posts
110 yards measured, it was a decent white tail doe. The rifle was overkill, a nice Browning A-bolt with a BOSS system, bedded yada yada yada flavored in .300 win mag luepold mark 4 on top, not sure the power. Not my rifle, one if daddy's.

Everything else has been 100 yards and under.

The pic is a cart behind an atv.
Nice doe.....did you shoot her back legs off mon ami?

· Banned
11,011 Posts
The lottery goes buck tags 1 only, an if no residents purchase the leftover doe tags then out of state can buy them, but at 286$ a tag why would you, for a doe antelope. Thats why I asked
We have paid $30 apiece for em. That's at the walmart in casper. The old man lives out there though.

· Banned
11,011 Posts
There ain't nothing wrong with the damn legs man. They have blood in them from field dressing. Split the pelvic bone gutted and picked the doe up to drain. What are you looking at? You drunk? The legs are stretched out into the corner. That's a 4x6 trailer. That doe was big.

There legs. Same doe. Hanging from legs.
I'm lookin at the top leg on the back and it looks like its been snapped off. The other one is tucked under her

· Banned
11,011 Posts
You didnt pay that. No res is 286$ for buck tag, an 48$ leftover doe if they have them which some units they do an some they dont.
Ya we paid $286 for the buck tags. I was thinkin my uncle paid $30 for our doe tags. Guess I was wrong. Iv never paid for any other tags except my buck tags.

· Banned
11,011 Posts
If u want a fast pased action packed crawling through rattle snakes an cactus the hunt a oryx here ,they are free range implants from the 60's an have proved nm is perfect for them. They are tuff tuff tuff to hunt. Its hot dry an dirty huntin at its best. Look them up NM has free range ibex as well.
Ya they are on my list of varmints to whack. As is an ellan.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.