LongBaller ROCKS!

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by canebrake, Aug 1, 2012.

1. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Just got my Commander holster from Dave.........WOW, this guy can work leather!!

[​IMG]

I will return with a full review after I get some hip time with her.

If it carry's anywhere as good as it looks, I'll be a happy 'ole codger!! (No, wait, I'm happy now! Anything more is just gravy.)

Thanks Dave.

2. canebrake

canebrake New Member

I didn't think my Commander could look any better than it already does.

But it sure is purr-dy in it's new home!

[​IMG]

And it passes the canebrake-upside-down-shake-test!

Happy meter just went up a level or two. ;)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012

3. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

DAMN Cane! :eek: That is a damn fine looking holster to go along with that damn fine Commander ;)

4. Gone_South

Gone_South New Member

5. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Looks similar to mine that he made for me, he damn sure does an excellent job. Mine has a few weeks of hip time and its by far the best holster ive ever had. I do not have one complaint.

20120711_141007-1.jpg

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  6. colmustard

colmustard New Member

Drooling! I am waiting for mine to come and cannot wait! Everytime I see these holsters they scream quality! Glad you both like yours, now I play the waiting game with the mail man. :D

7. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I also like the Canebrake insignia, adds a nice touch

8. LongBaller71

LongBaller71 New Member

Whoohooo! I see it made it home safe.

Thank you for the opportunity, Cane! That was a fun project to say the least. Even with your name on it, it was hard to part with. Now I need a logo! LoL.

Seriously, I'm glad you like it so far. Please let me know if you need anything. I have to thank you all again for making this a great adventure so far! Couldn't have done it without you!!

Dave

ps. I think your colt makes the holster look better! ;)

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  9. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Two days and counting. This holster is every bit as comfortable as my Tommy Theis IWB!

Some more photos.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. limbkiller

limbkiller New Member

Congrats Cane. Please do give us a full report when you get a chance. Break in period, gun retention, ease of draw, comfort, good value or not, etc...

11. michigan0626

michigan0626 New Member

Looks nice. LB71, you got a website for those?

12. LongBaller71

LongBaller71 New Member

Thank you! No website as of yet. Still small scale and just been taking orders from forum members. Looks like I may have to expand a bit and get a site up soon though.

If you have any questions or see something you'd like; just shoot me a pm. I'd be more than happy to help.

13. canebrake

canebrake New Member

I took a trip down to the Keys wearing it with my Commander.

[​IMG]

Long pants, UnderArmor hot weather T-shirt, Tommy Bahama silk shirt and 90º+/90%+ weather for a well over 12 hour trip.

[​IMG]

From Duval Street to a sunset dinner on Islamorada this holster was the least of my issues! I hardly knew it was there and comfort was better than my Milt Sparks AND my Tommy Theis! I love those holsters but plan on continuing to cheat on them by taking out my dh Custom holster every time I carry.

[​IMG]

If you are thinking about a custom leather holster, STOP THINKING and give Dave a call!

This holster will never see the inside of my "holster drawer"!

14. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Ditto!!!!!

15. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

and you couldn't score some pics of scantily clad girls modeling your holster and 1911 for us? :mad:

go flog yourself!!! :p

16. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Ive heard that the keys has....umm....lets say....a VARIETY of people. You have to be careful of what you pick :)

17. canebrake

canebrake New Member

None of them were wearing a belt.

18. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I prefer wimmins in thongs, who cares about a belt?

19. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Has anyone heard from longballer in a while?

20. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

he hasn't been on here in quite some time. seems he had some personal issues going on and it got in the way of his making holsters. and there were some issues with some members here about getting their holsters and such. bunch of drama to say the least. i'll see if i can find the thread and let you read up on it for yourself.