Long Islanders?

Discussion in 'New York Gun Forum' started by jeepejeep, Feb 17, 2012.

1. jeepejeep

jeepejeep New Member

I live in The Peoples Republik of Nassau County. I hate to say it but I've lived her for over 30 years and truly hate what it has become. Over crowding, crime rising, Full of Liberals,unbelievable traffic, absolutely ridiculous gun laws. I'll be getting out and moving to PA hopefully in less than 2 years if that long. Until then, though, I'm here.

2. big_cigar

big_cigar New Member

@jeepejeep- good luck with the move. I started in Brooklyn and it is not bad up here in Ulster County.

3. jgand72

jgand72 New Member

Suffolk County here :eek:. Also a jeep owner:D

4. Merhlyn

Merhlyn New Member

Queens Village here, just west of the Nassau County Line.
    NYC permit wise.

5. The Man

The Man New Member

A Suffolk Cty resident here~I bought a house in Tenn, but for the moment we're commuting back & forth. I love it when I go to a Walmart down in TN. Never have to show my gun Lic to buy ammo or gun powder for reloading.. In Suffolk, gun stores have become like Hen's teeth. In TN, a fair amount are around. Not as many as I would have thought, but enough to keep me happy. The best part is $1800 a year for total taxes on a 3500 sq ft house on a 1/2 acre, beautiful areas to see, etc etc. Long Island has become congested with cars and people. The cost of living is out the roof and still climbing. I hate to leave but I'm forced to relocate to a better area due to cost of living but the good thing is,TN is gun friendly.

6. Sicilian13

Sicilian13 New Member

I agree I live in lindenhurst

7. Strat688

Strat688 New Member

East Setauket here

8. heartlessmcfly

heartlessmcfly New Member

Stratt from lif? Any long islanders here, check out longislandfirearms.com

Sent from my DROID RAZR using FirearmsTalk

9. jeepejeep

jeepejeep New Member

Yup, I'm on there too!

10. hockeyjr1

hockeyjr1 New Member

Same here! Can't wait to move.. I'm over in north bellmore.

Put a sign in your front yard that reads "Gun Free House" & see where the criminals go.

11. Strat688

Strat688 New Member

yes, it's me

12. icom

icom New Member

Middle island here

13. jeepejeep

jeepejeep New Member

My son lives in Middle island. Nice out there.

14. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

Left LI in 1986. Live in gun friendly NH now. We used to shoot NRA smallbore in the basement of Island Trees High school. Nice range.

15. hockeyjr1

hockeyjr1 New Member

I shot for bellmore merrick from 06-08.. A lot of the schools are getting rid of the ranges now a days.. If more parents knew they were actually there they prob would be riots.. Also most schools no longer shoot 22lr.. It was switched to air rifles with flat pellets way before I started shooting there..