Lonewolf G23 Conversion Barrel?

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by gilldozer, Aug 22, 2012.

1. gilldozer

gilldozer New Member

Question: Does anyone have any experience using a Lonewolf Conversion Barrel for a G23 to shoot 9m reloads? Reason I am asking is because I have heard issues with using 9m reloads through the Lonewolf barrels (as well as Storm Lake's.) such as ejections and jams. If anyone has any information I would be greatly appreciated.

2. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

I have a Lonewolf for my G35, but I haven't shot reloads through it. It has worked flawless with factory loads though.

3. okdonk

okdonk New Member

I have Lonewolf threaded barrel for my G19. Never used reloads only factory loads and works great no issues.
    Sorry, i know the OP was asking about conversion barrel.

4. msup752

msup752 New Member

I also have a G19 lone wolf threaded barrel for my still pending (8 months almost) can. I reload. I have run about 100 test loads through it and have had no problems. I use lee dies.

5. bountyhunter

bountyhunter New Member

Not likely the fault of the barrel. It's because 9mm cases are tapered and the sizers the reloaders use don't get that right. I ended up buying aftermarket barrels and reaming the throats to accomodate the excess bulge most 9mm reload cases have so I could shoot cheap reload ammo.

6. yogiboobooranger

yogiboobooranger New Member

The lone wolf barrels are great aftermarket barrels. The issues you have read about regarding feed/ejection problems are usually more ejection problems as the angle of the 40 cal ejector is not the same as a 9mm ejector. Some people have no issues at all while others have problems. The conversion works, but not something I would use for CCW. Range practice only..JMHO of course.

7. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I have a LW .357 Sig barrel for my G-20. Cast bullet reloads work fine.