Lone Wolf 40-9mm conversion barrel for Glock 23

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by ARnoob, Mar 10, 2010.

1. ARnoob

ARnoob New Member

I bought a Lone Wolf 40-9mm conversion barrel for my Glock 23, along with some KCI after market Glock 19 mags. I bought four magazines that came with mag pouches. All four of them worked without a hitch. Not bad for $40 total. I wasn't sure how the 40-9 conversion barrel would perform, but it was FANTASTIC! I just dropped it in and used the Glock 19 mags. I didn't have to change out the ejector or anything else. The barrel was really accurate, and was basically point and shoot. It only cost $99 and I can now shoot lead (sans jacket) bullets without worrying about a KB.

I had a lot of fun shooting with my LW 40-9 barrel and went through about 150 rounds in no time. The shots were fired mostly from about 20 feet, but some were at the 5-7 range. I can't wait to have my wife try it out. I recommend this barrel to those who want to save money while practicing, but want to have a .40 cal pistol at the same time.

Attached Files:

2. ANAKINANAYA

ANAKINANAYA New Member

so can you shoot metal or lead rounds out of these barrels because glocks aren't suppose to shoot lead only copper that's why the rounds are so expensive, does the regular g-17 barrel work on a g-22 i heard they do but havent tried it

Last edited: Mar 14, 2010

3. ARnoob

ARnoob New Member

I'm not sure about swapping stock barrels (G17 to G22).

4. group17

group17 New Member

I have been doing the same thing with my G27 as money allows. When checking around I was told you don't have to buy the conversion barrel 40/9. You can just buy the 9mm barrel and swap it out with the 40. Add a 9mm mag and your good to go. Two guns are better than one!

[​IMG]

5. ARnoob

ARnoob New Member

Yeah, the "conversion" barrel is just a 9mm barrel, but it allows you to shoot lead bullets without a jacket.

6. Mutabam

Mutabam New Member

A 9mm conversion barrel ISN'T the same as a "regular" 9mm Glock barrel. A Glock .40 barrel's o.d. is greater than is a Glock 9mm's. That's why you need a conversion barrel, and not just a 9mm barrel. The 9mm barrel, e.g., G17 into G22 will fit, but it will rattle around at the muzzle.

7. ARnoob

ARnoob New Member

Ah, that does make since. I didn't even think about the diameter of the conversion barrel vs. just dropping in a regular 9mm barrel. Good point! :)

8. ARnoob

ARnoob New Member

Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
  9. Mutabam

Mutabam New Member

Hope I didn't offend you by providing that information. Was just trying to be helpful. :)

locutus likes this.
  10. ARnoob

ARnoob New Member

No, you did not offended me at all. You actually brought up a good point that I hadn't previously considered. Your post was rather insightful.

11. Uchahi

Uchahi New Member

Hmmm, I may have to look into that.

12. sheriffoconee

sheriffoconee New Member

I made this same conversion years ago in order to use my G 23 as a 9mm silencer host weapon. I used a LWD threaded 9mm barrel in my 23 and it runs like a top, with or without the can....
    excellent, inexpensive way to get some versatility out of your G23...and of course they have other conversions as well

13. Navigator

Navigator Active Member

I'm glad I found this old thread doing a site search.

To me the .40 can be a handful. It's a mean round with a sharp recoil. At my age after putting 50-75 rounds through a G22 my old arthritic wrist starts to give me trouble. Recently I looked closely at a 17 and a 19 and, without putting a micrometer across the slide, thought they looked very close in dimension.

It got me to wondering if converting the 22 to a 9mm was feasible. A clerk at a local gun shop told me to just get a 9mm barrel but that didn't sound right. One look down the pipe of both will tell you that's wrong.

In doing a bit of research I read about conversion barrels and that the Lone Wolf is the lower priced of the two available. I'm glad to know that they still function flawlessly with a conversion barrel and assume the G17 mags will snap right into the G22.

One article I just read said that the .40s are losing popularity and that many agencies, to include the FBI, are returning to the 9mm, with result being that Glock 40s can be had at lower prices than 9s on the used market.