Lol

Discussion in 'Survival & Sustenance Living Forum' started by bick65, Nov 28, 2011.

1. bick65

bick65 New Member

No insult intended to anyone for getting prepared but for what ??? 1) A total melt down of the world political system 2) A fast moving virus or some bacteria 3) military action against the people from are gov or abroad . All would require different action if one wants to survive. The worst would be virus . Just my thoughts give some ideas on want you would do in one of these 3 situations .

2. dmp

dmp New Member

1) I wouldn't do anything, because I have no idea if that matters to me.
    2) I'd hole-up at the house and control my visitors.
    3) I'd be screwed; I'd NEVER win a stand-off against the government; nobody would.

3. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

How about Homeland Security ordering FEMA to purchase
    ONE MILLION body bags and 550,000 plastic coffins large
    enough to place two bodies in; acquire penitentiaries with
    barbed-wire fences and countless trailers within; security
    cameras on intersections of every street, avenue,
    boulevard, and road in four-way angles, (marshall law?),
    and the Wall Street oligarchs and the corporate plutocrats
    siphoning the blood of our finances, which is consequently
    set to destroy the economy, thus preparing for the highest
    agenda to manifest, namely, a New World Order.

4. patkinney1

patkinney1 New Member

and lastesthttp://www.infowars.com/senate-moves-to-allow-military-to-intern-americans-without-trial/:eek:

5. neilage66

neilage66 New Member

You weren't a Boy Scout were you? :p;)

6. orangello

orangello New Member

I'm not sure that i agree that a pandemic virus would be the worst event, at least not in every way. It would be hard to argue that parts of this world are very overpopulated, to the point of straining local ecosystems massively. If one-third or one-half of the world population was wiped out, there would be more natural resources for survivors to rely on during the reconstruction period. However, if there was some massive political turmoil that disrupted the flow of goods and services (food), the current existing population would be hard pressed to survive on what they could hunt and gather, moreso in the currently heavily over-populated areas.

As for FEMA going rabid and herding citizens into concentration camps, i don't see that going over too well around here.

7. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Why have car insurance or life insurance? Same thing, just in case. If nothing happens, no harm, no foul. If something does happen, who survives? I can't see the "LOL" part anywhere. :confused:

8. bkt

bkt New Member

A modern-day "prepper" usually isn't worried about any one specific event. Anyone can lose a job, have an unexpected expense, have medical problems, lose a spouse or child, or just have to endure a storm for a week or two. Prepping helps keep your butt covered for any situation, not just TEOTWAWKI.

But it also helps you eat better and save money. Growing your own veggies and fruit and hunting and fishing result in better food you're likely to get at the store for much lower cost. I find I tend to eat better-quality food and a whole lot less processed junk.

Laugh at me all you want.

9. bick65

bick65 New Member

Wow easy sounds like everyone wants to hang me !!!!!!! Yes I grow my own food raise chickens pigs hunt and fish plus have 1000rounds for most of my guns . The point of my thread is what type of doomsday will happen ? It's hard to prepare for all . My ?? Is what type of kit would blanket all situations to give us the best chance . I'm looking for ideas while getting people to think . I think a survival kit should be light enough to cary on back .

10. orangello

orangello New Member

Well, your avatar is wearing a funny hat, knickers, and stockings. :p

11. bkt

bkt New Member

Nothing will cover you 100% in every situation. But everyone can take small steps to mitigate small problems and work from there. Before you know it, you can weather long-term problems much, much better than you could before you started prepping.

You sound like you're in better shape than most folks. Understand that those who live in cities very often keep little to no food on hand, have no space to store much of anything, can't purify water (lack the materials and/or the knowledge), can't defend themselves, can't hunt or fish, have no land to grow food on and haven't looked into container gardening, have no store of wealth beyond their meager bank account and maybe an anemic 401k, and don't ponder current events beyond what their circle of collectivist friends talk about. There's a lot everyone could do that wouldn't break the bank but which would start them on a path toward self-reliance and maybe even self-sufficiency one day. I wish they would!

But as I said above, preppers in general don't prep for a specific event. You never know when a situation could mess you up for a short or a long while.

I don't think anyone wants to hang you. :) Just when you start a thread that sounds like you're poking fun at folks, you're likely to get some flak in return. No harm, no foul.

12. bkt

bkt New Member

...and is carrying a rifle with a bayonet attached....

Thanks for reminding me. I'm thinking of swapping out my avatar. But the next one is a mite...inflammatory. Maybe I'll hold off.

13. bick65

bick65 New Member

Thanks for some support I'm by no means making fun of anybody !!!! Im looking for some Answers and went about it a bit harsh . My big ?? Is how to preserve meat smoke it dry it whats best ?? On a recent trip me two friends and there wife's went into woods with only a back pack each no food we did have matches to start fire . 4 days we got small game made a spare and fished worked for 4 days . But no way to keep meat fresh if we got big score . Bugs were a big problem . It was a lot harder than I thought . A lot of people would not live long in this situation I learned a ton will do again next summer.

14. moneymaker17

moneymaker17 New Member

and at the united states being over populated, and their buying more and more everyday... FOR WHAT REASON..

15. bkt

bkt New Member

Out in the wild? Good question - it's probably very possible to smoke meat or cure it with salt (if you have access to a lot of it) but someone else will have to cover that. But it's pretty easy to can, cure, dehydrate or smoke meat at home.

16. ArizonaLawman

ArizonaLawman New Member

As my old partner used to say in his eloquent Texas drawl...."They's about to be some hillbilly type dumb****ness over yonder...we might'zwell be ready for it."

17. Rex in OTZ

Rex in OTZ Well-Known Member

Headed for the Mountains

[ame=http://youtu.be/zAvvlsjweT4]Vernon Dalhart-Big Rock Candy Mountain - YouTube[/ame]
    [ame]http://youtu.be/8uKbIkYGsIg[/ame]
    [ame]http://youtu.be/DcvWrxrNk4k[/ame]
    http://youtu.be/sBso-UG8R_E

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011