lodged projectile

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by theenaut, Aug 17, 2013.

1. theenaut

theenaut New Member

Shooting reloads through a lonewolf barrel in my glock and bullet got stuck what may have caused this? ?

ForumRunner_20130817_140310.jpg

2. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

probably a squib load. low or no powder charge in the case.

3. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

What he said.^^^
    It could be worse, it could have been a double charge. :eek:

4. Axxe55

yep! with a double charge, you don't have to worry about getting the bullet out of the barrel, because you will need a new barrel!:eek:

5. therewolf

therewolf New Member

and a new hands and face...

6. Axxe55

there is that possiblity too!:eek:

7. sbeezy

sbeezy New Member

This may be a dumb question, but has anyone had factory ammo do this? I've never heard of it
    And I've seen multiple people on here have this problem with reloads.

8. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

When ammo is massed produced by the billions, bad rounds are bound to make it out of the factory.

9. sbeezy

sbeezy New Member

That's what I was thinking, but I've never seen it.

10. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

Last time I seen similar at the range the guy had no powder in the round when he loaded it. The primer was enough to put the round into the barrel.

11. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Odd looking bullet. Hollow base 9mm bullet? Caliber? A black Lone Wolf barrel? Mine are all stainless. Looks like a Glock factory barrel. More info please

12. JW357

JW357 New Member

Definitely a low powder charge. Its happened to me once or twice in my M&P9c. 100% My fault and I personally don't count them against the gun's track record.

13. FJCRZR66

FJCRZR66 New Member

I had it happen it to me once with my P228, shooting WWB. I stopped using WWB.

14. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

I have seen dozens of firearms- usually .22 rifles, with a "ringed" barrel. Squib load- low powder, bad powder- lodge a bullet into the bore. When a SECOND, normal round is fired- the air compressed by the second bullet creates a raised ring, right behind the stuck bullet.

Happens with factory loads, remanufactured loads, and handloads if you are not careful.

15. Cheever

Cheever New Member

I have seen it happen with a round that is too long in its overall length as well. When it gets cambered it lodges into the lands and grooves. When you go to extract that round it is difficult to open and then 'pop' it opens pulling the brass out and dumping the powder on the ground leaving the bullet lodged in the bore.

As for factory new ammo, I have not seen any new stuff do anything like this. With as litigious a society we have I am sure the majority of manufacturers are using cameras to inspect EVERY round and anything even slightly off is rejected. I work in medical device manufacturing and we have something similar on alot of our stuff. It still looks good to me, but even one dimension or color slight off it rejects it. Better to have too much scrap than one incident resulting in someones death.

16. theenaut

theenaut New Member

Yes its from there website its threaded