Lock N Load R. Lee Ermey

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by easterner123, Jul 31, 2009.

1. easterner123

easterner123 New Member

He has a new show! I am a big fan of R Lee and have met him (a lot nicer in person, not gruff at all). I am pysched for his new show, and have been watching the marathon of mail call on history channel just about all day. its crappy here in the northeast. its on history channel at 9:00 pm eastern standard time.

2. WDB

WDB New Member

I've seen two shows so far (cannons and machine guns). Gunny pretty much gives a history lesson and shoots old to the new. Well worth watching.

3. Bigguns911

Bigguns911 New Member

I love R. Lee, he is so cool and has the best job. I watched the machine guns show last night. When you check this show out look close at his hearing protection. He puts spent casings in his ears to protection. I had to pause the DVR to check it out. I don't know if it is because the people he is with did not bring extra hearing protection for him or he is just old school. I want his job so bad.

4. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Mail Call was my favorite show. Wore out the DVR recording that show...Good to see him working again!

5. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

His best work was in Full Metal Jacket. Classic!

6. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I think they are custom made with what looks like casings. I have a hard time thinking that a man with as much money as GYSgt Ermry would go without hearing protection.

But what the heck was up with his shooting classes. Looks like some one to a glass bead machine to the lenses.

I thought he was going to cream his pants when he lit up that M134D...

7. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Here ya go, R. Lee Ermey version of Full Metal Rudolph, a classic! :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBj5ZLnCZ3g]YouTube - Full Metal Rudolph Mash[/ame]

8. Bigguns911

Bigguns911 New Member

CPT
    I don't know they were pretty shiny ear plugs if they were custom made. If they are for hearing protection I want a pair, very cool. He is still cool and shots guns that make me horny, LOL.

9. OC357

OC357 New Member

I agree. I think he had some D I experience in his travels.

I did catch the 2 new shows on cannons and mg's. They were really good. His Mail Call show was good also. I miss that show because I never knew what to expect and it was always interesting.

OC

10. Bigcat_hunter

Bigcat_hunter New Member

I use .45 shells when I forget my ear muffs. They work just as well. I don't know about spent casings though.

11. Robert NC

Robert NC New Member

Watched both the MG and Cannon the other night. Awsome. Like the mail call show also. You guys are right, he must have been a DI in the Marines. Sure knew how to do it in FMJ. Reminded me of my Drill Sergeant in basic by in 1970.

12. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Born in Emporia, Kansas, Ermey enlisted in the United States Marine Corps in 1961, after being arrested several times as a teenager.[citation needed] A court judge gave him the choice of the military or jail.[citation needed] He later joked that the Marine Corps "put a screeching halt to my unconventional manner."[citation needed] He spent two years as a drill instructor at the Marine Corps Recruit Depot in San Diego, California, and Parris Island, South Carolina from 1965 to 1967. In 1968, Ermey arrived in Vietnam where he served for 14 months with the Marine Wing Support Group 17. He then served two tours of duty in Okinawa, Japan, during which he rose to the rank of Staff Sergeant (E-6) and was medically retired in 1972 for several injuries incurred during his tours. On May 17, 2002 he received an honorary promotion to Gunnery Sergeant (E-7) from Marine Corps Commandant James L. Jones in recognition of his role as Gunnery Sergeant Hartmann in the film Full Metal Jacket.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R._Lee_Ermey

13. masterPsmith

masterPsmith New Member

I watched his machine gun show last night. Was a great show. I will be recording all the upcoming shows so I don't miss any. I met Lee one time when my son graduated Marine Boot. He was the guest speaker. Great guy..................
    Jim..............

14. anm2_man

anm2_man Member

15. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

You know he was a radio repair man in the corps. Did a little acting and now gets to shoot all the cool stuff. Why can't this happen to me. WHY GOD WHY.

Good lord I knew just as much as he did about the MG show. I also know he skipped one of the best LMG every built the BAR. It was a transition from the bigger crew serve to the smaller SMG. I am not sure why the skipped that one.

16. fapprez

fapprez New Member

I met the Gunny at a car show in Tampa. I waited in line for 4 hours just to get to talk to him. He was very kind irl unlike his typical tv personas. He took time to talk to everyone, take photos with them and was even willing to yell at a few very lucky people.

I LOVE Mailcall and look forward to the new show.

17. anm2_man

anm2_man Member

I really wanted to comment on the Gunny's Lock & Load MG show. Not once was the Browning 1919A4 mentioned. This is one of the most used beltfeds MG's developed by JMB and was used by 1,000's of GI's WWII and the Korean war's. He did all of the other famous MG's, but not the 1919 - sad :(