Loadstar Loading System

Discussion in 'Blackpowder & Musket' started by malone12346, Feb 14, 2010.

1. malone12346

malone12346 New Member

I saw this loading device on a video loading a Ruger Old Army.It was a very fast system for loading black powder in the field.Unable to find it on a google search.Anyone know where this system can be purchased?

2. Highpower

Highpower New Member

trevordeary@googlemail.com
    He makes them in the UK.

As far as the Old Army is concerned, I just fill to the top of the cylinder then ram a wonder wad and ball. Quick and easy. :)

3. gocritter

gocritter New Member

I did that a few yrs ago at a friends indoor range, and after about 24 shots a fire started on the cement floor from al the unburned powder. No problem just allot more smoke to make the exaust system work.

4. Highpower

Highpower New Member

The OP was about ".....a very fast system for loading black powder in the field." The Ruger Old Army is the only BP revolver that I am aware of that can be loaded safely in this manner, due to its modern design.
    [​IMG]
    While it may not be the most efficient use of powder, it has been the fastest method of loading that particular gun that I have used personally. Of course measured reduced charges will yield better results, but for quick down & dirty plinking...... ;)