Firearms Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The loading tube started accepting less than allowed. It will only take about 7-8 bullets. This rifle has only be shot about 3 session of apx about 30 rounds each.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Make sure you check that rounds aren’t stuck in the tube when you put it back in. I’ve had that happen, it’s rare but still can occur.

·
Supporting Member
12,467 Posts
And sometimes lead tipped bullets can cause an issue!

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
I used to clean Marlin tube magazine's with a cleaning rod.
With mag tube removed (empty) I used a cleaning rod to run the cartridge follower down and compress the magazine spring, brass tubes were bad at gumming upwith powder residue and incompatable lubricants that would gum up over time.
Especially new guns treated with a anti-corrosion storage lube that set's up like varnish over time.
Assumption is the mother of all screw-ups.
The factory most likely tested the weapons function before a final wipe and into shipping container.

I knew a guy that bought a brand new Chinese made SKS and out of the box the cosmoline had seized the short spring loaded gas piston extension located inside the rear sight base.
It was a brand new semi-automatic/single shot straight pull rifle till that gas piston extension was freed.
Storage oil/cosmoline can almost epoxy moving parts together.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts